I've searched this, but I didn't find anything useful.

I just got my first slide today, and I was wondering what are some good songs to play using it? Genre doesn't really matter, but I'd like to stay away from metal. Thanks in advance
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
freebird is a good one and its in standard tuning too. Also lots of alman brothers.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
uhm, once upon your dead body by coheed and cambria, even though he uses a lap steel guitar, i think it'd work.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
My Sweet Lord by George Harrison and In My Time Of Dying be Led Zeppelin.

Also check out some Allman Brothers songs.
Sent from my iPad.
If I Had Possession Over Judgement Day

The Eric Clapton version though. That song will get your slide chops up pretty quick.

Also the original solo for Layla that Duane Allman did.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
If I Had Possession Over Judgement Day

The Eric Clapton version though. That song will get your slide chops up pretty quick.

Also the original solo for Layla that Duane Allman did.

I was playing If I had Possession Over Judgement Day this morning actually....

Learn Statesboro Blues. Despite what others on here may think, it really is quite simple.

Also, look up Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks playing Old Friend on Youtube. It's pretty easy to learn that song by watching.
Does anyone know where I can find the tab to Old Friend? I cant even find any Derek Trucks or Warren Hayes tabs.
Road to nowhere- ozzy
I think the Guns n' roses song, Rocket queen has a slide part
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
LOADS of Eagles solos have slide in them, so check some out. Pretty much every song will have some slide in it.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Rocket Queen (GnR) has a shit slide part in it. Slash is usually a good duitar player but the man should never pick up a slide. Seriously it sounds like a cat dying when he plays slide.

Seriously though look into Derek Trucks. You probably wont be able to find any tabs but hes still the best out right now.
If you'd like to learn a nice, heavy slide riff, check out "ground on down" by Ben Harper. Derek Trucks is amazing, and "preachin' blues" is a pretty easy song to learn if you're just starting out.
bad to the bone
easy but fun
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
White Stripes/Raconteurs have a bunch of awesome slide songs. WS do a cover of Robert Johnson's 'stop breaking down' which is a LOT of fun to play. I forget which Raconteurs songs were slide. Broken Boy Soldiers maybe?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite