http://www.musicyo.com/brandland.asp?dept_id=1 im hooke don these. the quad rail pups, and msot of all EXTREMLY LOW PRICES! but...kinda too low. just how good are these? gotoh SG tuners, tunoomatic brdiges. Im particularly interested in teh VFanguard S model. and others as well such as this one as well http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=328 wtf, its 170 bucsk, quadrails, coil tapping, floyd rose, maple neck bolt on neck(i dont lei that but..w.e.) gotoh tuners..should i get it? or ..any of the kramers?
judging by mine (striker) that I got a few years ago, they're better quality than the price would suggest, but don't expect miracles.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm drooling over the Striker. I'm definitely getting one as soon as I have the money. After that it'll be time for an OFR and all new pups.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!
We're only strays.
^ assuming they have the same studs as mine, the studs are too small for an OFR, you'd have to drill. And there's a little plasticky thing you'd have to dig out too, under the trem, for some reason.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ assuming they have the same studs as mine, the studs are too small for an OFR, you'd have to drill. And there's a little plasticky thing you'd have to dig out too, under the trem, for some reason.

No way, that friggin sucks dude. Is the trem atleast useable??? And what about a different kind of high quality FR that would fit??

BTW How are the pickups??
We're only strays.
^ the FR, to me, seems to be one of the higher quality cheapo licensed ones, but it's still no match for OFR/Schaller/Gotoh/Ibanez Edge and equivalents. I'm not aware of any good quality which'll fit without drilling the studs.

Pickups are very, very hot (the quad rail). Not great, ok for a metal crunch type tone, not great for leads.

EDIT: my feeling is if you're willing to switch pickups and trem you could probably just buy a guitar with a good trem from the get go...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well the Striker has all the features I want in a guitar. Unfortunately though there's only that cheap version.

So basicly the pickups are muddy?
We're only strays.
^ yeah, not great. you'd want to switch them sooner or later, more likely sooner.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Theyre great! I love mine- I have a Vanguard too, just like the one youre talking about. I dont really liek the quadrails so im swaping them out for some other pickups. Great Axes too

here are my Kramers (3 of them are Yo's, the black one is from 1989)
Maniaxe, what is the overall quality like? And how well go the FRs stay in tune??

Edit: Nm, you have the higher end US models.
We're only strays.
Last edited by Martyr's Prayer at Jan 16, 2007,
ive played the cheaper ones, im thinking of buying one as a backup, they feel pretty solid, not as solid as say a Gibson but more solid than any ibanez ive ever played. Cant comment of the trem though bcause ive only ever played the ones with stopbar style bridges, and thats all ive ever ben interested in because im not a fan of trems.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm