I suggest getting the 2800 if you can. Its a pretty good guitar.

heres mine:

lol sorry that pic is kinda gay. its my myspace pic. only one i have of my guitar.
And we will send you to whatever God you wish...
the black and silver is called silverburst. the orange and yellow is sunburst.
And we will send you to whatever God you wish...
Quote by vowel
anyone know what that colour is called? I've always wanted a couple of paintjobs done and that was one of the concepts I came up with...

Silverburst.

xAbre120, I suggest going for a higher model, since the AL-2000 is more of a starter guitar (a 'high-end' starter guitar :P). The 2800 model or higher would be your best bet.
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.
im preaty much a beginner myself. but do you guys think I should get the one thats $20 more? Im still not sure what P90 pickups are.
Only agile guitars worth getting is the AL3000. Anything below that is pure shit.

And even the AL3000 isn't worth it IMO.

If you want good les paul copies you'll have to look towards either epiphone, or better yet, tokai l0ve rock.
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
I'm not trying to look open minded, in fact I try not to be open minded.
I hate people who are overly open minded.
but i dont want a les paul. i just want a cheapo guitar thats better than mi crappy $50 eBay one. lol, im just a newbie remeber?
Then get the agile AL3000... You won't regret it. The AL2000 isn't a newbie guitar, its just firewood.
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
Quote by Guitar-freak

And even the AL3000 isn't worth it IMO.

Hmm. How are they not worth it? AL3000s are better than most Epiphones, and some Gibsons. Do you own one? Only problem I've had with my Agile is that the nut isn't very smooth, so some buzzing persists.
I may need to lower a gauge, or shave it ( )
Quote by AdayTripper
Hmm. How are they not worth it? AL3000s are better than most Epiphones, and some Gibsons. Do you own one? Only problem I've had with my Agile is that the nut isn't very smooth, so some buzzing persists.
I may need to lower a gauge, or shave it ( )

mehh...better than most epis and gibson?

i dont know, i was interested, and i own two agiles, a 2800 and a tele copy, and they are great guitars for the price, but i wouldnt go as far to say its better than most epiphones and gibsons, there are epiphone elitists, and even some regular epiphones are great. The biggest issue with agiles is that i cant play one before i buy it. I ended up swapping out pickups on both my agiles, and did a lot of modding on them. THey are great to mess around with but id go for an epiphone and especially a gibson before an agile for sure, even more so if i got to hold it and play it.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
^depends on what model, and depends if you are ordering or going to a store to buy one, and depends on what model agile youre talking about.

but in all honesty, if its one of your first guitars, and youre on a budget, just get something cheap. Sooner or later youll begin to want better things, and even with a regular epiphone, youll ditch it anyway, sooo if its in the budget and you dig the looks, then go for it. As long as you play it its all that matters. And ya, Agile's are great guitars for the price, im just saying they arnt fantastically better than epiphones or gibsons.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Quote by ark
mehh...better than most epis and gibson?

i dont know, i was interested, and i own two agiles, a 2800 and a tele copy, and they are great guitars for the price, but i wouldnt go as far to say its better than most epiphones and gibsons, there are epiphone elitists, and even some regular epiphones are great. The biggest issue with agiles is that i cant play one before i buy it. I ended up swapping out pickups on both my agiles, and did a lot of modding on them. THey are great to mess around with but id go for an epiphone and especially a gibson before an agile for sure, even more so if i got to hold it and play it.

I meant most low end Gibsons. I've also heard some nasty stories from people who've had Gibsons (even higher end ones) with poor workmanship. Personally I prefer them over any Epi though.
I have an Agile AL-3000. Triple body and headstock binding, bound neck, ebony board, Abolone inlays, MOP logo and MOP fluer-di-lis. Agile's are know for their excellent build quality and attention to detail. Even the stock pickups are great. Here are a few pics of mine.

Alvin

Damn man, I haven't seen the black finish on the AL3000. It's a beauty! I have the cherry sunburst finish myself. It looks awesome too.
Quote by AdayTripper
Damn man, I haven't seen the black finish on the AL3000. It's a beauty! I have the cherry sunburst finish myself. It looks awesome too.

Thanks! She is mint, too. Yes, cherry sunburst is great, too. My next will be the Root Beer finish.

Alvin
Quote by AdayTripper
I meant most low end Gibsons. I've also heard some nasty stories from people who've had Gibsons (even higher end ones) with poor workmanship. Personally I prefer them over any Epi though.

Ahah!! You reveal your true colours at last!!!!

Hehe jk...

But you did just more or less admit that you based the supposition that agiles are better than some low-end gibsons on other peoples stories
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
Quote by Guitar-freak
Ahah!! You reveal your true colours at last!!!!

Hehe jk...

But you did just more or less admit that you based the supposition that agiles are better than some low-end gibsons on other peoples stories

If you want to think that go ahead. My uncle owns a few Gibsons too, and I prefer my Agile to some of them.
I picked up this same Agile for $60 from some jerk who just had to have a jenuwhine gibson LP. You know ... if you've got the chops to play rollin' and tumblin' licks the way they were intended to be played, I don't give a shit if you do it on a broom stick with your short and curlys for strings. All I can say is, "The high end Agile line will stand up against any fine instrument for any legitimate performance musician who needs one on a regular gig basis." END OF QUOTE ! It's comparable to what Takamine's done with acoustics against Martins since the early 60's. Emulate the best of breed, use the best materials, ensure fine craftmanship and quality control, throw out the rotten apples, trick out the ones you love, play em forever..............
hmmm some people dont like silverburst..... im thinking on just getting a sunburst agile anyways. Or maybe just black