OK, before xifr get pissed (), let me say, this thread is about pedals to add to a pedal board.

See I got a pedal board for my birth day and need some idea for pedals to fill it up. I have 3 pedals already and am getting a wah pedal soon. I've got room for about 4 more pedals, after a wah, so what do yall think?

Im playing alot of blues but I want to get some stuff that will do metal well too.
I have a Washburn distortion pedal (sucks, but gets the job done), a Dano Fab Chorus, an EH LPB-1, and soon a Vox Wah.
get a delay and get another dist pedal.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Delay, flanger, phaser,compressor, noise reducer, EQ...

Planety of options. Don't just buy pedals for the hell of buying pedals. But pedals that you think will improve the sound you are looking for.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Thats just the thing, I dont know what pedals are good for what. I've gone so long with just a distortion pedal that I can make do with just that. Now Ive got some more pedals and a board, and I draw a blank when it comes down to buying new stuff.
well then, if you can make do without pedals, do you really need to spend your money on pedals you don't need to acheive the sound you want?

Quote by RadioHead22
Yeah, because there are some sounds that I cant get that I want to. When I said I make do that means that I stayed away from genres that required pedals that I didnt have.
well, what sounds do you want that you can't get?

Quote by RadioHead22
Well I have a Valve Junior amp for bluesy sounds which basically covers everything from blues to classic rock, pretty well without pedals. But I have a sh*tty Peavyey SS amp that I use as the cab for now, that I want to get some super heavy metal sounds from. I know it will sound sterile but unitl I can afford a Mesa it will work. Sounds like Slipknots use of heavy droped tuned low string pinch harmonics, that I cant get because I dont get enough distortion. Some stuff like old EVH and stuff like that.
You can never go wrong with an EQ. And maybe a compressor/sustainer.. I'd imagine that could come in useful for blues.
PRS Custom 22
Epiphone LP Custom
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T

Fender PT-100 Tuner
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon
Digitech Tone Driver
MXR Phase 100
Ernie Ball VP Jr Volume Pedal

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Road King
'69 Fender Super Bassman
well, by the looks of it, you don't really want any modulating effects, although I do beleive EVH used a flanger alot, as well as delay, so there are two options there. And maybe for a heavier metal sound, you best bet would be an overdrive/distortion pedal of some type.

do those sound about right to you?

Quote by RadioHead22
Yeah, that sounds like it would be great. But now the hard(er) part, which brands? Im not used to using alot of pedals so I dont know which brands are good and which arent.
MXR and Electro Harmonix are IMO the best non-boutique pdal brands out there, Boss makes a few decent things but im not much of a fan of them.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Boss make great pedals, in my opinion, but all I have tried is Boss, so that is all i can suggest.

Delay: Boss DD-6 or DD-3

Flanger: Boss FL-3, but I think there is a better one amongst the market that someone else would recommend over Boss.

EQ: Boss GE-7.

compression/sustainer: I don't know anything about these, so, I won't even reccommend. I'll just keep saying Boss...so, Boss!

Quote by RadioHead22
get like a super overdrive or mega distortion or whatever...
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
nah, id stay away from the mega distortion i got one and it sucks if you ask me
Get a quality OD. I like the Ibanez TS808, but I'm seeing a lot of love for the Maxon version lately. Either way, great pedal. One that'll help you with your blues, too.

Next up, you could really use a reverb pedal like the Holy Grail.

See, I like Electro-Harmonix stuff... If you don't want the full size Electric Mistress, then a Small Stone is a nice phaser.

I've got the Deluxe Memory Man, too, which I love to death. Awesome pedal, but for the price of a new one, I bought my Mesa cab used.

BTW, eBay's a great place for pedal shopping. Some deals to be had.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Look at a Flanger like the EHX one.
Definitely buy a Fuzz pedal, whether its the Fuzz Face, Big Muff, or whatever else.
Then find a good Delay like the Memory Man.
Also look at a filter pedal ... because they make cool sounds.
Oh and if you want something cool, check out a POG/HOG.
Sent from my iPad.