0 0%
EMG H2 vintage passive humbucker
2 6%
DiMarzio DP100 super distortion
8 22%
Duncan preformer scorcher
0 0%
Voters: 36.
all are for the bridge because I've chosen a Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invader for the neck
so tell me witch I should get
thanx
I play metal/hardcore/metalcore
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Last edited by avenged_7_fold at Jan 13, 2007,
damn im soo jealous of your gear, and why are you putting Invaders in the neck, and not bridge? well whatever i'd say a JB only because its the only one i 've actually played on the list.
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
B-52 At-100 head + 4x12 cab
Yamaha EG303
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive
only reason Im puting the Invader in the neck is because all the good pick ups I've seen are only for the bridge except the Invader
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Quote by avenged_7_fold
only reason Im puting the Invader in the neck is because all the good pick ups I've seen are only for the bridge except the Invader

Note the Invader is not a good pickup. For the love of god, doesn't anyone read the threads around here!
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
The invader's a bad pickup, neck or bridge. However, I'd have thought it'd be absolutely appalling in the neck position given it's muddiness.

Go for Dimarzios - D-Sonic bridge, Super 2 neck.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i'd say distortion humbucker. if your going for hardcore/metalcore it's basically a necessity
woah! wait. the people on teh forums say the dimebuckers sux, but it has all the votes?
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
ide say JB ... i sue one i love it
i heard the custom custom is also very good
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
woah! wait. the people on teh forums say the dimebuckers sux, but it has all the votes?

It's because the people who know what they're talking about can't be bothered with silly polls, they just do this weird thing called "giving advice"
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

The Dimebucker is actually a really good metal pickup and so is the Invader. Listen to any of the new Trivium stuff to hear the Dimebucker and listen to Seize the Day by Avenged Sevenfold since Synyster uses Invaders and IMO he has a really good tone on the solo.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by SGStrummer61
The Dimebucker is actually a really good metal pickup and so is the Invader. Listen to any of the new Trivium stuff to hear the Dimebucker and listen to Seize the Day by Avenged Sevenfold since Synyster uses Invaders and IMO he has a really good tone on the solo.

They probably use something different for recording.

take trivium, they are endorsed by marshall, but they used mesa dual rectifiers on their records...so foop.
Well if you all think the Invader sux for the neck, what do you think I should get?
I just read a review that said that I should use the Invader for the bridge and get a Seymour Duncan 59 for the neck what do you think?
:
Quote by malachifivebass

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

Last edited by avenged_7_fold at Jan 14, 2007,
If you want something in the neck that'll distort easily and aren't too bothered about cleans then get a Dimarzio Super 2 - not my thing personally but I get the feeling it might be yours

I wouldn't get an Invader for anything, they look cool but that's about it. If you want a tight, punchy pickup with good distortion and good harmonic response that's also good for heavy, detuned stuff then a D-sonic's perfect.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

i got a question for you, how do you like the avenger with the actives compared to the synyster custom, i have the custom but swapped out the pickups for duncan 59 in the neck and a dimebucker in the bridge, *which sounds fantastic if thats the guitar your replaceing your pickups in by the way, the coil tap gives you more twang than you could ever want* i was thinking about getting a stop tail avenger for alternate tunings, but just wasnt sure how good of a guitar it was
Quote by bluesychris
Now You Sir have one hell of a guitar and look more alive and look to have more stage presence than anyone else I've seen on this forum
I won't be open minded about this...

http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/

Go to the forum, listen to the demos and be amazed by BKPS.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Well I think Im going to get a SH-1 59 for the neck and the Invader for the bridge
:
Quote by malachifivebass

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

Quote by steven seagull
If you want something in the neck that'll distort easily and aren't too bothered about cleans then get a Dimarzio Super 2 - not my thing personally but I get the feeling it might be yours

I wouldn't get an Invader for anything, they look cool but that's about it. If you want a tight, punchy pickup with good distortion and good harmonic response that's also good for heavy, detuned stuff then a D-sonic's perfect.

Wow, I thought I was the only person that acknowledged that pickup's existence. I put it in the bridge position on my RG (basswood) and it sounds good. And when its split the clean sounds is actually pretty good. I might switch it out for something with more low end balls though. It's great for lead stuff. When you palm mute the open D and G they're super beefy, and harmonics sound great. So it's good for 80's style soloing. I'm in a metalcore band so I want beefy open C# chugging, but I do play 80's style solos in our songs. I'll probably keep it.
We're only strays.
Quote by avenged_7_fold
Well I think Im going to get a SH-1 59 for the neck and the Invader for the bridge

i think thats going to make you the happiest
Quote by bluesychris
Now You Sir have one hell of a guitar and look more alive and look to have more stage presence than anyone else I've seen on this forum
Quote by zed leppelin
i got a question for you, how do you like the avenger with the actives compared to the synyster custom, i have the custom but swapped out the pickups for duncan 59 in the neck and a dimebucker in the bridge, *which sounds fantastic if thats the guitar your replaceing your pickups in by the way, the coil tap gives you more twang than you could ever want* i was thinking about getting a stop tail avenger for alternate tunings, but just wasnt sure how good of a guitar it was

A: the avenger is great, but the synyster custom is great too so I don't know which I like better.
B: No the syn custom isn't the one Im puting the pickups in. Im puting them in a ole LP copy I have *my first guiar*
As for what I think about the avenger I think you should totally get it, it's one of the best guitars I have.
:
Quote by malachifivebass

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

Quote by zed leppelin
i think thats going to make you the happiest

Agreed, it's not THAT bad people just jump on the bandwagon too much. It's honestly a good distortion pickup (think beefy) but when switched to cleans is when it sounds muddy.