Why are single coil bridge pickups slanted in some guitars, like Strats and Telecasters? I've always wondered. Does it have something to do with evening out the tone over all six strings?
Well for one thing usually its the neck pickups in strats that are slanted. In my absolutely uninformed guess I'd say it has something to do with the fact that there's a big harmonic node (where the 24th fret would be) directly over where the neck pickup is. On the other hand I don't know shit.
Ummm. sorry bro, its the bridge pickups always slanted...
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Quote by Jongpil Yun
Well for one thing usually its the neck pickups in strats that are slanted. In my absolutely uninformed guess I'd say it has something to do with the fact that there's a big harmonic node (where the 24th fret would be) directly over where the neck pickup is. On the other hand I don't know shit.

I agree.

Its the bridge pickup thats slanted. Its slanted for...higher highs and lower lows..maybe. There is another reason, but i cant remember what

i dunno..twangier GBE strings maybe?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Quote by ibanez_rocker
Ummm. sorry bro, its the bridge pickups always slanted...

Wow. Now I really feel like a dumbass. For some reason as I look down I associate "right" with "neck".
Less twangy sound for the bass strings and normal/more twang on the treble sides
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
It's because strings have different vibration characteristics along their length when you pluck them. A slanted pickup will make the higher strings have more twang. It's the same principle as strumming different spots along the length of the strings on an acoustic.
Hi, I'm Peter
Strumming in different spots on the neck to get different sound works on all guitars, not just acoustics Dirk.

I am basicly a Strat player and I can tell you where you strike the string does have a pretty big affect on your tone.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
Quote by Molsons Golden
Strumming in different spots on the neck to get different sound works on all guitars, not just acoustics Dirk.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.
Hi, I'm Peter
i think its for pole pieces to match up.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules