http://youtube.com/watch?v=ih5jBi5laqk

I've been trying to master this lick for WEEKS with a metronome. I'm getting nowhere. Looking at it really doesn't seem difficult at all, but, in my hands, I barely pass 94 bpm.
Crappy Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez RG7321
LTD F-10
VOX AD15VT
Dunlop Jazz III's (Black)
D'Addarrio .09-.46's
Iam not. I just want to know if anyone else has gone through a really long rut.
Crappy Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez RG7321
LTD F-10
VOX AD15VT
Dunlop Jazz III's (Black)
D'Addarrio .09-.46's
Everyone does at one point. I had a really good thread about speed. Its in the archives section. I dont have a link right now, but bump this thread in two days and I'll post it.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Video google "John Petrucci Rock Discipline"

it'll teach you the basic of using metronome, start from there
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
^ ok you post a video of you playing that exact peice at that speed, then say something
Quote by HxCori<3
^ ok you post a video of you playing that exact peice at that speed, then say something

gladly send me a camera.

Triplet wanked harmonic minor shit is easy, I could do what the first example was on a clean channel.

btw, he hits a lot of notes that should not be there we he plays it fast. His picking technique looks horrible to me for some reason, it appears to be the kind that only lets you play something really slow or really fast.

edit: second example is the most boring and generic riff I have ever seen on one of those except for the Dragonforce betcha cant play this.
Last edited by garden of grey at Jan 18, 2007,
Quote by HxCori<3

Please, for the love of god, shut up.

Everything that you post is worthless, those riffs are ****ing easy, stop trying to prove your better than someone over the internet in a contest over some shitty entry level tremolo picking.
Dickless.
What i do, is I break it up into peices, learn the first two bars, keep playing them till i can get it to speed, then learn the next two bars and so on.

That's how I learn all my solo's, it might take you weeks, but maybe you're not practicing enough in one go? Or maybe its just to difficult for you at this point. Go back and learn another trivium solo, learn some of their harmonic solo's, A gunshot to the head of trepidation is easy, it took me 4 hours to learn and master it, so just baby steps :P
I hate this type of music with a passion. Ugh.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Please, for the love of god, shut up.

Everything that you post is worthless, those riffs are ****ing easy, stop trying to prove your better than someone over the internet in a contest over some shitty entry level tremolo picking.

what the hell? im not the one that posted the video, dipshit, and all i was trying to say is that if he thinks the other guy sucks he should come on here an play the same thing or better an prove it
All in favour of closing this retarded thread?
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Aren't we a bunch of helpful people. To the threadstarter, just keep working on it and you'll get it eventually. Make sure it's clean though, there's no point in speeding it up while it's sloppy.
Aren't we a bunch of helpful people.

like you wouldn't believe