what does the cd title mean? also in the song it says ask the axis. what does hendrix mean byt that?
:stickpoke

ITALY-2006 WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS!
I think the Axis was the germans and their allies during WWII. But I'm not sure.
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
damn its hendrix man.

It doesn't have to mean anything!
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by miguelito2729
I think the Axis was the germans and their allies during WWII. But I'm not sure.

Yeah something like that. Kinda like the soviet union.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_powers_of_World_War_II
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Jan 14, 2007,
Quote by miguelito2729

You are right, but I don't think that's what Jimi is referring to.
Quote by soul_power
Yeah something like that. Kinda like the soviet union.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_powers_of_World_War_II

In soviet russia hendrix asks you what YOU mean!
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles

huh?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
idk man, but john mayer does a good cover of it ON HIS BRAND NEW ALBUM CONTINUUM, WHICH I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU ALL PURCHASE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

/shamless plug
I will fuc
Quote by Woogles

Eh, it was weak.

In Soviet Russia, post makes you!!!
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
Axis is a all-consuming word describing the enemy(ies) of the group you support in a war. I doubt it has anything to do with Jimi Hendrix's choice of song titles.
#21 OF THE NON-CONFORMIST CLUB
When I first heard of that album, it was through spoken conversation, so I thought he said "Acts as bold as love", which in my opinion is a much better album title.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
According to a wiki article i read a while ago, it has something to do with hendrix wanting to use music to turn the world on its axis or something...i dunno...
Guitars
"Dakota" - Fender Splatter Strat
"Jacqueline" - Maton CW80
haha nice family guy reference. but yea, i dont think hendrix was referring to the allies during ww2. and yes, mayers cover is great.

Well in the song i guess if you take LSD and listen to it your supposed to hear the colors that he is describing. the colors in thesong Bold as Love are mentioned so much becuase jimi didnt know too much theory until like the year he died. so he would often describe what he wanted to play or was playing in colors. thus all the colors in the song. Alot of thought went into that song and alot of emotion i really think it is almost impossible to interpret the meaning of hendrixs songs becuase it was pure emotion as he once said none of it was just written to song good.
so did hendrix have synesthesia. where he could like see lettes with colors or somehting liek that

The title refers to the axis on which the earth spins as it orbits the sun.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Why does eveyone have to know what every song means, some songs dont mean anything they are just stuff the artist thought sounded good.

You'd have to be tripping balls on acid and drunk to know what hendrix is saying in half his songs. Thats why he rocks.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
I mean he's describing all these emotions in colors, anyone could really do that if they have an open imaginative mind. Like greeny would be envy, red could be anger, I would think of blue as calmness, black like hopelessness, yellow as that feeling when you wake up on a nice sunny morning where you feel like everything is good and happy, stuff like that. Those are my personal opinions. Different peple probably have different opinions of what the different colors are
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Quote by beau05
I'd say country or bluegrass would be pretty difficult, for being inbred is a pre-requisite