When I sweep arpeggio forms with two notes one or more of the strings, I usually pull off from one note to the other. I am pretty sure this is wrong. What can I do to work that habit out?
Quote by IlIk2plygUItAr
Thats correct form. You don't pick each note.

For a sweep, you usually pick each note lol. If you add extra notes per string, then you either hammer on or pull off, or pick up and then continue the sweep. If not, its ok to pick each note. I do a combination of the two, just in case I miss the note by sweeping, the pull off or hammer on gets it
Quote by insideac
For a sweep, you usually pick each note lol. If you add extra notes per string, then you either hammer on or pull off, or pick up and then continue the sweep. If not, its ok to pick each note. I do a combination of the two, just in case I miss the note by sweeping, the pull off or hammer on gets it

Yeah thats what I meant. You pick each string, but you hammer on and pull off extra notes.
Quote by IlIk2plygUItAr
Yeah thats what I meant. You pick each string, but you hammer on and pull off extra notes.

I know, but Im saying that you dont HAVE to pull off and hammer on. Nothing wrong with picking the extra notes as well, if he wants that sound.
It's not wrong, it's really just a matter of preference. I'm more of a pick every note guy, but a lot of people prefer hammering/pulling off the notes, or adding extra tapped notes, or whatever.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
practice both ways, as well as alternate picking arpeggios...THAT'S a pain in the ass if you're used to sweeping
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.