i just started playing about 3 weeks ago and i'm teaching myself. things have come pretty easy i'd say. I really dont know much about guitar so it's kinda a challenge learning basically everything myself. I can switch almost every one of the major chords and most of the minor chords fairly easily. Is there really one thing that i should be practicing right now that will help me as i progress. thanks
Songs, scales, exersizes, chords, bar chords...
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

BAR CHORDS i cant strees the importanace of that,
in any setting outside country you will do lots of bar chords
and learning to properly do bar chords as a second nature is just very important to playing in general (it was extemely difficult for me at first, but ive got it down like nothing now and it has greatly improved my playing)
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
could someone translate that last post for me please?
Quote by Strat_Player
BAR CHORDS i cant strees the importanace of that,
in any setting outside country you will do lots of bar chords
and learning to properly do bar chords as a second nature is just very important to playing in general (it was extemely difficult for me at first, but ive got it down like nothing now and it has greatly improved my playing)

they're called barre chords

learn scales and try some chromatic excersices, try to play everything cleanly and then move to play fast
and the minor scales , so you could expend to pentatonics and blues

but in the mean while stay on basic songs, try to learn some easy solos, so your fingeres will practice playing notes instead of always chords (unless ur in2 country)
The major scale is the starting point for most of the scales you use in guitar playing, and it's also the key to understanding how chords work...so yes, that's bad!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i really suggest that you should take exercises first...

chords

exercises

fingering

scales

i would recomend learning jazz,, coz my belief (its my belief i have nothing against anything) once u play jazz, u can play anything...

i started out as a jazz musician now i play metal haha what a change