ok,i have the KH-202, and a set of passive emg's, and lets say i have a Dimarzio FRED and PAF Joe pickups i want to put in,basically to switch a pick up can u just take out the old ones and hookup the new ones with the wires and put it in, right?

also lets say i have the emg 81', active, you need a batery so would you hook it up the same but fit the batery in the electronics compartment in the back, is that sorta it?

Now output jacks, mines getting worse, its loose? i dunno. it wiggles and goes out sometime and i have to jiggle it and move the cord around until it works, it really sucks it just cuts out when ever it feels like, and its not the cord or any other part that make it go out ive check everything out, ive narrowed it down to the output jack, how do u go about fixing it?
Stuffs:
ESP LTD KH-202 electric guitar
Randall RX120DHS
Crate FXT65 amp
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Every Zeppelin Recording
EMG's come with the quick connect system so you can switch pichups easier. How ever, actives come with their own jack, pots, and wire's, so that solves your jack-off problem but they can't be used with passive pickups. If you want to stay passive and stray from EMG, you're gonna have to re solder the pickups to the pots. Good luck. Feel free to ask me any questions!
A study showed that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
You just need a regular 250K/500K/1M pot for passive and you'd need to rewire according to DiMarzio's color code and take out the "quick-connect" and battery wires from the EMGs.

As for the output jack, unscrew the jack plate (do not tighten just from the outside), hold the inner side and tighten the outside nut using pliers. Make sure they're really tight, check your lead connection and if they're all good, screw back the jack plate.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
you pretty much answered my questions, thanks a lot

one more thing,

what do u think is the best $500 or less half stack, most likely Solid state, for me to get, i play anything from classic rock to classic metal, like zeppelin to metallica, also joe satriani, i am in a metal band too , like classic metal, like metallica, so...
i ve been lookin at the Randall RX120DHS, any help?
Stuffs:
Randall RX120DHS
Crate FXT65 amp
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Every Zeppelin Recording
maybe that randall, b-52 makes some playable stuff, crates ok, behringer does the modeling thing with the V-ampire heads which is ok for just practicing i cant remember how much the peavey XXL head is, its cheap tho and it got a crap load of awards,
Quote by bluesychris
Now You Sir have one hell of a guitar and look more alive and look to have more stage presence than anyone else I've seen on this forum
alright thanks
Stuffs:
Randall RX120DHS
Crate FXT65 amp
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Every Zeppelin Recording