Yes
111 42%
sorta
62 23%
No
91 34%
Voters: 264.
Page 1 of 4
I sorta do, although i think they are bad aswell.

I would like to know how to use one (like properly not just aiming and shooting)

but i would never buy one (cant here anyway)

share if your opinions on gun laws aswell
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
most of my older friend have guns (they live in a really dangerous place and they sell drugs), i took one to school once, to help one of them to not get arrested (i feel stupid now for doing that)
Just think if there were no guns.

.... a lot less dead people
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by deluxity
most of my older friend have guns (they live in a really dangerous place and they sell drugs), i took one to school once, to help one of them to not get arrested (i feel stupid now for doing that)

woah, you could have got expelled and then arrested
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
I like them when they belong in the right hands and are use for protection or hunting only. And let's face it, without them civilizations wouldn't be the same today.

But I hate how gang memebers, murderers, and cowards can use them to their advantage and the murder of Darrent Williams left a bad taste in my mouth.
No.

Guns are for men with little confiedence.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Woogles
Just think if there were no guns.

.... a lot less dead people

second..... although action movies and fist person shooter games are fun
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Geez. Smartasses who think they know what they're talking about piss me off. I hate people who are all "K3lz, I g0ts a Glokz 9!". Theres no such ****ing thing as a ****ing Glock 9. A glock chambered in 9 mm yes, but not glock ****ing 9. The word deagle pisses me off too.

Shootings a sport. Some people are just idiots who use it as weapons.

Forgot bout that sideways shooting thing. If you shot like that I'm pretty sure your wrist would get sprained. Weaver grips the way to go.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by Kartman
No.

Guns are for men with little confiedence.

thats a reason i dont like america, people can buy guns for "protection"

but i think it would be fun to shoot a gun (not at people)
<//////>~
I think with proper control, and correct knowledge, a gun can be a very good thing. For example, do you truly think an armed, or even unarmed, criminal would obey and unarmed cop? Highly doubtful.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
Quote by abcdboy
Geez. Smartasses who think they know what they're talking about piss me off. I hate people who are all "K3lz, I g0ts a Glokz 9!". Theres no such ****ing thing as a ****ing Glock 9. A glock chambered in 9 mm yes, but not glock ****ing 9. The word deagle pisses me off too.

Shootings a sport. Some people are just idiots who use it as weapons.

Forgot bout that sideways shooting thing. If you shot like that I'm pretty sure your wrist would get sprained. Weaver grips the way to go.

woah, i didn't say anything like that, i dont know much about guns

apart from james bond uses a walther ppk
<//////>~
Wow i didnt know we had that many morons on UG. Guns are great, thats all I have to say.
Quote by abcdboy
Forgot bout that sideways shooting thing. If you shot like that I'm pretty sure your wrist would get sprained.

Actually, with the recoil of a gun, I think escaping with only a sprain would be lucky.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
Quote by groll01
although action movies and fist person shooter games are fun

Same here.
yo.

I BELIEVE
I enjoy shooting sports, but I disagree with the current state of gun ownership in the United States.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Jekkyl
I think with proper control, and correct knowledge, a gun can be a very good thing. For example, do you truly think an armed, or even unarmed, criminal would obey and unarmed cop? Highly doubtful.

England?
Quote by myself101
thats a reason i dont like america, people can buy guns for "protection"

but i think it would be fun to shoot a gun (not at people)

That's what I like about America.

They are fun as hell to shoot and are only dangerous if used improperly.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
^ No, they're also dangerous if used properly. You're insinuating that gun deaths only happen if people misuse them. The only purpose a gun has is to inflict injury upon, destroy, or kill people or things. I guess all those deaths caused by guns in war or murders were because people were misusing them...
Hi, I'm Peter
I like shooting and such. I'm not one of those crazy ass "I luv my gun! It's my pride and joy!" people, but I enjoy shooting, because I'm decent at it, and I'm intrigues by weapons and such.

My favorite gun I've shot is a Russian 7.62mm Mosin Nagant in FL with my uncle (it's his gun).

It kicked like a mofo, but it was great.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by myself101
woah, i didn't say anything like that, i dont know much about guns

apart from james bond uses a walther ppk

Not aimed you at you. Lol.

Edit Isn't the Mosin Nagant an uber old gun? I had no idea it's still being produced.
Gear...
Ok, let's cut the crap, I like guns, but only for recreational purposes. Guns are an enjoyable tool to use for sporting purposes, I myself own 3.

The recoil of a pistol is actually not too bad, shooting sideways is completely possible.

I'm 19 and i have been shooting guns for the past 5 years and I've yet to experience any accidents or acts of violence.

Guns should be given to cops and to any citizen who passes a background check.

I know a lot of people think that getting rid of guns would solve a lot of problems, but reallt it would just rid police/military/honest citizens of their means of defense. Criminals would still sell them illegally in mass quantities and we would be defenseless.
Quote by Superpartydude5

The recoil of a pistol is actually not too bad, shooting sideways is completely possible.

Not all guns have equal amounts of recoil.
Gear...
Alright kids, listen up.

A gun is a tool. It in itself is neither good nor bad nor is it good or bad for the world. It just is. A gun is designed to shoot something. People create situations where shooting something would be a bad thing. It is not the case that all situations when shooting something would be bad, and it is not the case that all situations when shooting something would be good. It is entirely 100 percent up to people. There is a time and a place for it.

Basically, stop the anti gun rants. Knives are used to kill people as well, but you dont see people boycotting them from their dinner tables.

And fallenangel20, that is some seriously redundant Japanese in your sig. My coworkers are standing behind me right now looking at it laughing their ass off.
just wondering, whats the age to own a gun in america?
<//////>~
^^I believe it's 18 for most guns. Not sure.
Gear...
Quote by Jekkyl
Actually, with the recoil of a gun, I think escaping with only a sprain would be lucky.

Well, as for the shooting the gun sideways thing, there are actually LEOs who train to shoot that way (I saw it on TV...but I can't recall why exactly...god knows). And of course, recoil all depends on what weapon/ rounds you are shooting. 9mm's don't exactly have massive kick. Try a .454 Casull revolver, you might have a problem...

Quote by deluxity

How exactly would bringing a gun to school help your friend NOT get arrested?
I agree, that was increadibly stupid. Apart from the obvious "violence isn't the way" lecture, I'd like to say that irresponsible and stupid acts by someone outside of a particular hobby or activity (say, sport shooting as an example) causes the people in that particular hobby to suffer. Same thing is also happening with Amatuer pyrotechnics...People use pyrotechnic supplies to manufacture and sell illegal m-80's, and legitamate firework enthusiasts like me have to suffer when the government tries to cut us off from these supplies (the same thing already happened in the UK...pyrotechnic suppliers were shut down, and in the US the government is working round the clock to try to shut down the pyrotechnic suppliers).
Quote by Imp
Alright kids, listen up.

A gun is a tool. It in itself is neither good nor bad nor is it good or bad for the world. It just is. A gun is designed to shoot something. People create situations where shooting something would be a bad thing. It is not the case that all situations when shooting something would be bad, and it is not the case that all situations when shooting something would be good. It is entirely 100 percent up to people. There is a time and a place for it.

Basically, stop the anti gun rants. Knives are used to kill people as well, but you dont see people boycotting them from their dinner tables.

And fallenangel20, that is some seriously redundant Japanese in your sig. My coworkers are standing behind me right now looking at it laughing their ass off.

Guns aren't tools. You're a tool. There's a difference.

First of all, knives have useful purposes beyond killing people. There are two things you can do with a gun (as a tool) - shoot at things or people. While yes, there is a "sport" purpose to shooting, guns are in the same class of "tools" as swords - a type of "tool" developed specifically for waging war and wounding/killing other people. If you can think of another useful purpose for a gun, let me know. And sport shooting doesn't count as "useful," btw.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by myself101
just wondering, whats the age to own a gun in america?

That varies for each state, where i live you have to be 18 to own a long gun (rifles and such) and 21 to own short guns (pistols)
"The guitar is just a wonderful instrument. It's everything: a bartender, a psychiatrist, a housewife. its everything, but it's elusive." -Les Paul
^ Right. The massive bleeding and organ damage caused by the bullet from the gun boring into the body does.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
^ Right. Bullets do.

i think he was meaning the person holding the gun
<//////>~
Quote by Dirk Gently
^ No, they're also dangerous if used properly. You're insinuating that gun deaths only happen if people misuse them. The only purpose a gun has is to inflict injury upon, destroy, or kill people or things. I guess all those deaths caused by guns in war or murders were because people were misusing them...

Uh huh.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
Once I get my license, Im gonna buy tons and tons of different guns. I love them. They are incredibly sexy and dangerous, which is attractive for me. They look beautiful, specially pistols like the Beretta and Desert Eagle and Glocks and Casulls. Rifles look great too. I dont thinkthey should be used to kill people, swords are more fun, and guns take no skill. But other than that, people should collect them.
Page 1 of 4