How Do You Make the GuitarSCREAM
What I mean is when you bend a note, make it go really high pitched, like in solos.
Ive been playing for a few years, and Ive started a band (Cobalt Authority) and when I play the solos, there's those few notes that I just really want to make the guitar SCREAM, or SHREEK or however you refer to it
Dont make such an annoying title. You make it scream and cry by either doing a harmonic on the high strings and bending them with vibrato, or the whammy bar, or you can hit really high notes and bend and vibrate them. You can make it "scream" on low frets too. Look into harmonics and pinch harmonics.
^lol. yeah its all about the pinch harmonics.
=deportivo=

"so this guy woke up with 6 different girls on 6 days of the week?"
"yea, isn't that crazy?"
"he must be god"
"...and on the seventh day he rested"
THNX,
I made the annoying title cause it stands out, on some forums my threads' gone dead before anyone's veiwed it
Just another technique really... I can make the G string on the 12th fret scream, cry, twang, and maybe even moo if I try hard enuff. It's just how you put pressure on it and bend it...
www.Savetoby.com

Help Save Toby By Clicking Link Above!!!!!
Pinch harmonics.

Hit the string with your pick, then in one fluid motion hit it with your thumb.

And never make a title like that again, I beg you
R E G G A E
B|--10
G|--12^

Or something similar, just hit that and bend the 12 up until your happy or you reach an A, (same as 10th on B)
If at first you dont succeed,
dragon slaying is not for you.

Last edited by RaV3nous at Jan 14, 2007,
if you add volume swells to a bend, it can sound kinda screamish. maybe you could add volume swells to pinch harmonics or something. with pinch harmonics you can get a different sound by where the pick is. for example: if i want to do a pinch harmonic on the high e string on the 5th fret, i could put my pick over the same note but an octive up. this would make the harmonic sound like you are harmonizing with the octave of that note. i could also pick it somewhere else and get a different sound. try pinching in different spots and see what kind of sounds you can get.
here's a method i use...you spray it in the face with pepper spray
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
lol u mean like putting ur first finger on one frett and the second finger on the frett next to it... then pick it and bend it up as hard as u can?
IF YOU WANT PEACE PREPARE FOR WAR!!

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Depends on the style of screaming you want. The standard way is through pinch harmonics like everyone has already stated, but if you want that long sustained sickening siren like scream like Dime used, you need a floyd rose.....and patience getting used to using his technique as well as using the floyd rose in general.
Quote by Shredlet
Cheers Sinister that was really helpful a Dime-point to you!

"Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem."
take up an internship with Steve Vai maybe?
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
Quote by Axe_Grinder274
here's a method i use...you spray it in the face with pepper spray

I tried that and got sued. The newspaper headline was: Raping teenage guitarist peppers unprotected guitar
Wrong forum.

CLOSED.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7