Ok so I posted a thing a while back on Craig's List saying I was looking for a high gain amp and I got a reply back with this amp. The guy wants $385 for it, year old tubes, not really any cosmetic imperfections. My question is, will this amp do modern metal without pedals (Killswitch Engage/Lamb of God/Children of Bodom, etc.)? A tube amp with what this has on it for $385 is unheard of from any of the other offers I've gotten, so I figured it was worth asking about.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
$358??? for an amp??

instead of buying that you should give it to your friend jessica.
i hear shes awesome.
I used to have a triumph 60 so i'd assume it is close in sound. Well for me mine was a complete **** up, it would constantly cut out and buzz like a bitch so i sold it. But in terms of sound, it had very nice distortion reminiscent of a mesa and would be able to do the sounds you require, however it responded shit to any pedals and the clean channel wasn't clean and had no clarity what so ever. So if all you want is distortion (very nice distortion at that) then it should be good just make sure it's reliable because mine was not.

Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
The guy sent me a sample of the clean channel and it actually sounded very nice, as well as a sample of him playing crazy train on it, which also sounded pretty good, he lives in state which means I could try it out before I buy it, which is always a plus.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jan 14, 2007,
Ok well I've been looking at the Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 watt head and I guess my real question here is, should I go with the Ashdown, or would the Peavey be better for me? The Peavey doesn't have a power level switch on it which makes me kind of lean towards the Ashdown because of it's lower wattage, hopefully making it's distortion better at lower levels for practicing, but for $385 and 120watts, it seemed like a very good deal. However, I've yet to play the Ashdown and probably won't be able to without buying it as I'm sure Guitar Center would probably make me pay for it if I ordered one to see how it sounds and there's not very many people with sound clips of it playing what I play on it, so I can't really get a feel of if its distortion is enough.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Bump. I think I could probably bring the guy down a bit on price since I could pay in cash, he told me nothing's ever been wrong with, not cutting out or buzzing, he did say the pedals don't work well with it, but if the distortion is enough, I won't need to use overdrive anyway, just my regular effects pedals. Anyone out there have an opinion of the Peavey Triumph 120 vs. Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 for my style of music?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Tom 1.0
Fallen angel dude....

Almost 5 year necro much, Tom?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals

Quote by LaidBack
Almost 5 year necro much, Tom?

I missed the date. It popped up random when I was searching for something.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb