So those gripmasters that they sell....do they really work?

I play bass and if they do, what resisiance should I get, light, medium, heavy?
do the callus builders work too?
I played with my brother's gripmaster for a few months before I even picked up a guitar, so I have no clue if it helps... I would think they do.

Get heavy resistance.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I'd advise at least medium if you get it... you'd probably be able to do light to easy after a while. Get heavy if you can do it.

Whether or not they work; I have no idea. One of my mates has one, doesnt play guitar though .
I just checked them out, very interesting. I might get a medium and heavy one.
Get a heavy one, the medium one got easy for me after a few weeks.
I got the heavy(red) one for christmas along with the callouse builders. It has really helped my pinky on my left hand for the most part. The callouse builders didn't make me get any more callouses. They pretty much just stab you, so I took them off so I could use the gripmaster longer without a break every few times.
Bass is my life.
It's probably a really good tool, especially for working your pinky out. I don't know shit about them, and I'm wondering if it's adjustable as far as pressure settings go. My fingers are really thin and short (so thin that they look long) so if I buy a heavy duty one, would it be too hard on my fingers? Well then again, I don't think it'd be a big deal going with medium.
[img]http://myspace-774.vo.llnwd.net/00952/47/76/952176774_l.jpg[/img]
That's me, bitch!
I really want the heavy one but i cant find places that sell it
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
You would thing they'd hurt your hands? Like actually do long term damage. But...oh well.
Quote by yEsTeRdAy`
You would thing they'd hurt your hands? Like actually do long term damage. But...oh well.

Not if you use them correctly--Its like you wouldn't start lifting weights with the weight bar loaded to the max.

Start off with the lighter ones--and yes, they do build up strength and grip over time.
I got a medium, i would recommend because it helps with the pinky, but heavy will only help. p.s. callous builders are useless
Quote by anarkee
Not if you use them correctly--Its like you wouldn't start lifting weights with the weight bar loaded to the max.

Start off with the lighter ones--and yes, they do build up strength and grip over time.

Well some people may get the wrong idea and use them for long periods of time. Thinking of the "no pain no gain" saying. In which case, they are damaging there hands. Personally I think you can do better things with your time (learn theory, read music, listen to music, etc). I also think that by using these gripmasters, you get the wrong idea that you need to push incredibly hard on the fretboard to get notes to ring out. That's not true though. People should be learning to relax the left hand completely so they aren't wasting energy, instead of learning to stress the hand to the point that it hurts.
Having stronger muscle in your hand/fingers isn't going to make your playing any worse. In fact, _ALL_ great players have very strong hands, so...

As for people saying get the heavy one, I'd actually suggest getting the lighter one as well - imo the light one (blue) is better practice for guitaring than the heavier ones. I just carry a red and a blue one everywhere with me and use them on the bus, at work, etc - it's pretty neat.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
When i worked in my local music shop, the only ones we sold were to rock climbers
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!