Page 1 of 2
Just came across this band while being bored. Their guitarist seems very technical. What do you guys think. I did some searching and hadn't found any threads on these guys. There song titles are funny though. Behold... The Arctopus The ones on myspace arn't my favoroite but they are still pretty good.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Just came across this band while being bored. Their guitarist seems very technical. What do you guys think. I did some searching and hadn't found any threads on these guys. There song titles are funny though. Behold... The Arctopus The ones on myspace arn't my favoroite but they are still pretty good.

the guitarist is technical? what about the freaking Warr bass player!!! 12 string tapping bass ftw!

exospacial psionic aura is amazing!
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Yeah, discovered them early last year, listened to them for hours but soon forgot about them.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Davidian
Good shit.

Not something you want to hear when on weed i think haha.

meaning, you won't be able to ever listen to them, since you're in Holland

pretty cool, I guess

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Snyper
The stick FTW!
:snyper:
actually, i'm pretty sure he plays a Warr guitar. similar, but different. and its so hard to get a hold of their stuff! i like what ive heard, but what ive heard is not enough
I love this band. You might like Benighted.
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
Quote by Alucard II
actually, i'm pretty sure he plays a Warr guitar. similar, but different. and its so hard to get a hold of their stuff! i like what ive heard, but what ive heard is not enough

ya you're right its a warr
My sig is better than yours
Quote by Mr. President
^^you used !

Does anybody know where you can buy a Warr?

Online. Local retailers.
Quote by Everybody

My rig:

Dunlops Picks
Quote by Mr. President
^^you used !

Does anybody know where you can buy a Warr?

damn i thought i edited it before anyone noticed
My sig is better than yours
Ah. Well, still, that;s were you can find 'em.
Quote by Everybody

My rig:

Dunlops Picks
Yet another band who puts technical ability before songwriting... not interested.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by Spynal
Yet another band who puts technical ability before songwriting... not interested.

meh, i think they really put thought into their songwriting, they compose their stuff on sheet music, you can view it on the tab, you can see the effort put into creating each song. And the guitarist is really holding back, he could start shredding like crazy if he wanted to but mostly its about the riffs.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
I heard about them a while back, but never got around to listening to them..
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by kirkisking
Boring beyond belief.

OMGZ WE PLAY T3H UB3R TECHXNICAL LOLOLOL!

To the untrained ear it sounds like technical wanking, but its thoughtfully composed and bursting with energy. I can definitely see how someone would say that on first listen, but give them a chance. I find they are like Meshuggah in the way that at first it sounds like a cacophony but after some dedicated listening you realize that they offer something special that no other type of music has.
These guys, it's like they such but there good. That Warr bass rocks and they are all really good I think just, well, it's alot like jazz, you have to develope an ear for it. Only for the enlightened ones
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I like em. I just got the new album and it's really good. Technical but they've really stepped up the songwriting. "Canada" has to be one of my favourite songs ever.
Quote by Spynal

Completely agree. Couldn't dislike this band more.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Heard 'em before, and I love 'em. But that's just me.. I like weird stuff, and I could see how most people would be turned off from a band that focuses more on a song's technical proficiency than its melody.
Quote by Magero
I like em. I just got the new album and it's really good. Technical but they've really stepped up the songwriting. "Canada" has to be one of my favourite songs ever.

I like them too. "Canada" is awesome.
Quote by mr kipling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wniXxeTJlyM&mode=related&search=
How can anyone like this solo? It makes Kerry King sound structured.

and his guitar tone makes my ears bleed. He's extremely sloppy when he's not tapping. The bassist is amazing, but I cant stand them. I'll be seein them at MDF this year, but I just want to see the bassist play haha.
Quote by Spynal

Yeah, because we all know that if something is technical that must mean they don't care about anything else.
Quote by 'rockintheblues 14, 2007 2:38 am'
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
I love this band, haha I forgot about this thread. So there's a new album out?
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

I saw a video of them playing once. It sounded awful. I respect their ability to play technical music, especially the guy with the Warr guitar, but it sounded really bad.
Page 1 of 2