Ok so I need a distortion pedal. (I'll get a wah later.)
The gear I own is in my signature. (For those who don't know, the Agile is a Les Paul.)

The Vox is great, but isn't heavy enough for me.

I'm looking for something along the lines of Led Zeppelin, Cream, Van Halen, Iron Maiden, and Black Sabbath solo sound. (If that makes any sense to you guys.)
Perferably something not to expensive. Something under $150.

And for those who want to jump on the bangwagon, the Vox DOES work well with pedals. Trust me I know...since I own one and all.
Odd...I found the distortion on it more than heavy enough for leads like that. Oh well, maybe check out the VisualSound Jekyll and Hyde. OD + Distortion all in one awesome box.

edit- Or the Electro-Harmonix Hot Tubes pedal. Awesome classicy tone.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Odd...I found the distortion on it more than heavy enough for leads like that. Oh well, maybe check out the VisualSound Jekyll and Hyde. OD + Distortion all in one awesome box.

Ahh yes, but the pickups on the Agile are alittle to bassy for my tastes, and I still feel the amp isn't that heavy.
I doubt one pedal will do all of those bands that you mentioned, but I'd suggest a Boss Blues Driver for the first couple.
Quote by 4regt4
I doubt one pedal will do all of those bands that you mentioned, but I'd suggest a Boss Blues Driver for the first couple.

I know. It was a bit of a stretch. Just asking for some distortion pedals that can get me closer to the sounds.

I just listened to the Marshal GV-2 Guv'nor on MusiciansFriend.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-GV2-Guvnor-Plus-Effects-Pedal?sku=150331
Sounds great! Does anyone own this pedal, and can comment on it?
Check out the Digitech Pedals and Boss Pedals you will probably find what you want there. If you cant find what you want anywhere you can actually buy kits and build your own.
ok, just a word of warning, but your vox might completely freak out if you put a pedal infront of it. i tried this with my cube (also a modeling amp) and it just made loud static. but this might be just me.
Ibanez RG321MH - Weathered Black with an SD Invader in the bridge
Orange Crush 10 watt
Quote by tastyhumans
ok, just a word of warning, but your vox might completely freak out if you put a pedal infront of it. i tried this with my cube (also a modeling amp) and it just made loud static. but this might be just me.

No. I said this in the first post.
I've put cheap multi effect pedals in front of it, not to mention high end ones on it, and it sounds fine. For the Vox, all you need to do is turn down it's gain, and bypass it's onboard effects. It's your amp, or you have some wrong settings.
Quote by AdayTripper
No. I said this in the first post.
I've put cheap multi effect pedals in front of it, not to mention high end ones on it, and it sounds fine. For the Vox, all you need to do is turn down it's gain, and bypass it's onboard effects. It's your amp, or you have some wrong settings.

shit! that'll teach me for not reading it. sorry
Ibanez RG321MH - Weathered Black with an SD Invader in the bridge
Orange Crush 10 watt
Quote by tastyhumans
shit! that'll teach me for not reading it. sorry

No problem man.
So can anyone tell me about the Guv'nor?
to tastyhumans: the vox freaks out when you dont have good cables
ive never played the guv'nor man but those soundclips sound kickass and the reviews are all good too
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
The GV-2 is one of the best pedals in and around that price range. I've never tried it with a modeling amp though. Just stop by a Guitar Center and try it out with your amp, they should have both in stock. I've tried the GV-2 on SS amps that really didn't have much to offer distortion-wise, the GV-2 really breathed some life into the amps.
Yup pedals work perfectly with my ad30vt.

I heard good stuff about the guv'nor, but that's all I can say never played one. However I too will agree those sound clips kick ass.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows