wel whats the difference, the site of hartke says that they have the same amount, etc
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
10's offer a nice high end punch

15's offer a deep low end

12's are a sort of compromise.

However, 10's are by no means not bassy, then can be plenty bassy, and 15's have plenty of high end response as well.
haha
Pretty much what Metal said, he summed it up well with few words.

10's usually have more attack and high end when compared to the other two, and, like metal said, more punch. Although they aren't made for it specifically my 4x10 puts out great low end, sometimes too much(for my liking).

12's offer more mids then 10's and 15's because of their in between size. They aren't really made to push lows or highs, so most people will tell you they're great for pumping out mids and they're a nice medium between 10's and 15's. I've heard they put out a good punch too.

15's obviosuly pump out the bass and thump. Because of their sheer size they push quite a bit of air and it's because of their size that they pump out so much low end. Say you have a full stack that consists of a 4x10 and a 1x15, you'd want the 15" on the bottom because along with travelling through the air sound is a vibration, so obviously, you'd want the cab that has more bass to be on the bottom.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
I like it when the ground vibrates like hell, then is a 15" more for me??
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
If you want a lot of bass and thump and aren't too woried about high end punh and attack I would say go for a 15".

But, you might want to go to a local shop and try out different cabs, for example, some of the Hartke's have aluminum coned speakers which have a lot more attack and punch.

Chances are you won't find any kind of 12" speaker cab in a local shop though, I've never seen one in Guitar Center/local shops. I've only seen them online.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
another Q, what is thump??
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
I have a Hartke A100 with a 15" aluminium speaker and my god it's amazing. On 5, I can shake my house, I haven't dared as yet to turn it all the way up. Very bassy. But the high end is strong aswell.
I'm going to get a 2x10 cab for highs and a 1x15 cab for the lows. It's basically a perfect match.
I think 4x10 cab, 2x12 cab, and a 1x15 cab would be a great sound. I'll probobly stick with the classic 4x10 cab + 1x15 cab combonation though.
Bass is my life.
15" Alluminiums are great. I got one without really knowing what it was (was v.cheap) but i've found you can easilly get a lot of punch as well as extreame bass.
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
My ideal cab is an 810. They push great air, and the sound is like a punch in the face... with plenty of low end!
haha
810's are my dream cabs as well. They're just so big and push so much air you don't really need a 15" for the low end. They're just so powerful, it's like a wall of sound just knocking you back. I wish I could afford one.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
What about the warwick 6x10 wca?
Its only 380 quid... i know, its 2 speakers less.
but c'mon.
Quote by andyd93
You sir, are correct.
GO WITH THE 4X10

I bought a Hartke 4x10 and that thing sounds orgasmic!

Lots of low end while still being punchy and having all those high notes you want.

I think its the perfect cabinet and it shakes the ground as much as you want.
I know here in the US everything Warwick is a little overpriced. If you want a 6x10 rig it would be cheaper to get a GK 4x10 and 2x10, or Ashdown, or Hartke. I don't really know the ex. rate between quid and USD so maybe it isn't overpriced over there.

EDIT: +1 to the two fellow's above me for the same stock avatar
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
i have a 4x10 and 1x18 rig. it shakes things, but the 18 is kinda muddy, a 15 would be better, but if you can get 1000 watts to the 18, then that may be the better way to go (paired with some 10's that is) i may get another 4x10 cab, and a power amp to drive my 18. that would rock.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
no, that idea died for now.

i bought guitars. . . . they were easier to get

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
says a canadian

na, its hard to find someone who will ship an 8x10, so that means local pickup

Quote by steven seagull
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Oh I see. Just in case you didn't notice that was a shot against America.

It's easier to shoot canada.
Bass is my life.
the canadian just owned him self, eh?

Quote by steven seagull
i got a 15 and i get plenty of punch and snap out of it if I want to, but right now my band wants me to have a low-end growl. I do want a 2X12 or a 4X10 on top of my 15 someday though...
Quote by civildp1
It's not rocket surgery.
Quote by Kensai
That was so hot my penis exploded.
Quote by killthekingx
I **ing hate Opeth. They make every other band I know look bad.

Quote by beckyjc
some cockwanks just wan to throw 5 stars at her because she has a vag
I'd really like an ampeg 2x15" but they're almost a thousand bucks with tax......
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
I think it's worth adding that 1x15 cabs or combos often come with tweeters, so they can put out a lot of snap, crackle and pop as well as all that thump and bump from the pie plate of a speaker.

A 4x10 sat on top of a 1x15 would more than do me. I really doubt I'd need much more unless I started playing Wembley. Which I don't think I will, really.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.