I've been playing bass just under a year, and my friend is a really good drummer. And he's set up for us to meet some people to maybe start a band. So today we're off to meet them and i need something good to play... but i don't know what :S
So can someone please suggest something for me to play, i can play freedom by RATM, and a song his brother wrote, but they've been playing guitar and stuff for years, so if someone can suggest something for me to learn in about 2 hours, then i'd be gratefull...
You won't impress them playing solo.

You'll impress them when they go "Hey dude, let's jam out a song in G Locrian, sound good?" and you go "Alright bro" and can jam out something with them that fits and sounds good.

Ya dig?
haha
But you can improvise if you know your scales.
***I'm not English-speaking so sorry if there's something wrong***

Gear:

Peavey Raptor 2 (Strat cop)
Ibanez SAS-32 FMDRS
Gibson accoustic from the 50s
Aria accoustic
Peavey amp
Hughes & Kettner Matrix 100
Ibanez LowFi7
Quote by BobSlay
riiiight...

Im not good at improvising...

Learn the scales, chords etc. Theory is the beginning of music. You won't have much to do in a band if you don't know your theory. You'll be fine as long as you play covers and stuff, but when it comes to jamming, you just won't know what to do.

This should be a good start - http://www.cyberfretbass.com/
Improvising is your best soloution, but if you want to do a song, then Zeppelin or Cream always rock
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
You won't impress them playing solo.

You'll impress them when they go "Hey dude, let's jam out a song in G Locrian, sound good?" and you go "Alright bro" and can jam out something with them that fits and sounds good.

Ya dig?

lmao