Hi. So I had some quick questions about strings. I'm currently using 9-42 pure nickel Fenders and they've lasted great, but I wante to try something different. Namely I wanted a brighter sounding string, that could hold tuning better, and would last just as long, if not longer than these Fenders (2 months of 2-3 hours a day and still not rusted). I wondered if you could explain some of these different string terms to me and the advantages and disadvantages of each one to another:

Hex Core : Round Core
Nickel Plated : Nickel Wound : Stainless
Round Wound : Flatwound : Rolled

And suggest to me what strings I should be looking at next. I play a lot of blues, blues rock and alternative, and I bend a lot. The nickel strings I have on right now lack brilliance. I'll probably go for DRs, if that helps.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I use a brand called DR . Worked pretty well for me. I just got a set of pure nickel's. If you want a brighter tone try 10's. 11's are prolly to heavy.
Quote by bow3022
I use a brand called DR . Worked pretty well for me. I just got a set of pure nickel's. If you want a brighter tone try 10's. 11's are prolly to heavy.
I could get used to 10's after a while most likely, but I play with a LOT of bends. I'm probably gonna go for the 9-42 DR Hi-Voltage or the 10-46 Hi-Beams.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.