hey guys, got my guitar setup and asked them to fix this buzz which i had on the G string on the 9th fret when you bend down. They fixed it alright but the G string is saddle is lent on an angle towards the low E. Is this normal? (other than what it looks like it plays awesome and no buzz at all )
yeah they should be relatively level, but having it a little lop sided isnt going to hurt anything.
he probably just didnt level it correctly. if the low side was brought up to the high side, u probably wouldnt notice any difference. because the action and intonation wouldnt change.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I don't tend to level mine, rather, I set them to the fretboard radius. They sit curved rather than stepped.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
no well he replaced the original saddle because the thread was stripped in it so i think he would of done it on purpose. Before i had the setup done it buzzed when u bent the G on the 9th fret down but didn't buzz when u bent it up so i think he did it on purpose
ok let me try to explain better.

the saddle can be raised or lowered. so if ur getting buzz, on any fret, ull want to try raising that saddle. that will raise the string and clear the fret.

the reason there are two pegs in each saddle is because it's a rectangle. so just like any table, more legs, give u more stability.

so, if u raise one peg, yes, u will raise the saddle. and yes, u will clear the fret.
but there is no reason to only raise one. this doesnt help it get higher, or change the string direction or increase stability in any way.

it would be like raising one table leg, in an attempt to make the table higher. yes the table is higher, but not higher as compared to a table with both legs raised on that side.

so again, there isnt a benefit that i can see in this case. u arent shaping the curve to match the board.

he was just too lazy to raise the other peg. he got the buzz to stop and stopped adjusting. that is all.

you can level it out or leave it, that's up to u, makes no difference.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

^ nope, I don't see how it makes a difference either. I just setup Strat bridges my way cause it looks better to me
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
LAF hell yeah, and sometimes a crooked saddle will hurt my palm.

calum u should post wt us in the GG&A who to listen to list sometimes. :snyper:
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62