Is it just me or lefty bassits are more popular then righties?

I mean,back in the 60's,their was a rumour that Paul McCartney was dead and was replaced by alook a like,lets say he was dead,would the Beatles do that to stay popular?

And did that huge popularity was carried all the way to our days?
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Wait, what?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Erm.

The key is on Orion's belt.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Being a lefty doesn't have anything to do with what happened to Paul. He is just so talented and people love him too much, so the Beatles (according to the rumor) thought it was a risk to lose him, but it doesn't have anything to do with being left-handed.
skillz > popularity too....righties ftw

yo.

I BELIEVE
Last edited by Teh Traineez0rz at Jan 14, 2007,

Scott Reeder

but anyway, why bassists in particular? Many of the greatest guitarists are lefties. Jimi Hendrix, Tony Iommi, Kurt Cobain...
What about the fans that skills doesnt interest them.

I mean,the fans havent fainted because of Paul's amazing bass skills.

And Yes,same thing about guitarists,though they are less common.
Quote by smb

but anyway, why bassists in particular? Many of the greatest guitarists are lefties. Jimi Hendrix, Tony Iommi, Kurt Cobain...

Iommi isnt left handed is he? Isnt he forced to play that way because he hasnt got finger tips on his right hand, so he had to learn guitar again the other way round?
"Their fate is in each others hands as they decide whether to share... or to shaft"
Robert Kilroy-Silk from his sadly shortlived quiz-show Shafted.

Member Number 7 of the Frank Zappa Appreciation Club. PM chocolatguitar to join.
Quote by The Powerslave
Iommi isnt left handed is he? Isnt he forced to play that way because he hasnt got finger tips on his right hand, so he had to learn guitar again the other way round?

Actually,he puted custom strings and bottle caps on his chopped off finger tips and continued to play with his left hand.
^ I'm pretty sure he plays cack hended.
Other lefty guitarists: BB King, Gary Moore (although they play right-handed). We pwn.
My little brother is a lefty bassist.

EDIT: Top line has become void due to post above me.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by flambe chicken
^ I'm pretty sure he plays cack hended.
Other lefty guitarists: BB King, Gary Moore (although they play right-handed). We pwn.
My little brother is a lefty bassist.

EDIT: Top line has become void due to post above me.

My little bro' will be a lefty drummer.

And Steve Moorse is also lefty.

And Duff McKagan aswell.
Quote by Guitar0player
Actually,he puted custom strings and bottle caps on his chopped off finger tips and continued to play with his left hand.

No. He used to play right handed, but then his fingertips got crushed off and he had to learn to play the other way round (left handed). And they weren't bottle tops he got some new prosthetic things eventually (although he may have used bottle tops before he got them)
"Their fate is in each others hands as they decide whether to share... or to shaft"
Robert Kilroy-Silk from his sadly shortlived quiz-show Shafted.

Member Number 7 of the Frank Zappa Appreciation Club. PM chocolatguitar to join.
whoah, déja vu.

yeah, lefty bassists. lots of them. they're everywhere. it's like a plague. or whatever the hell this thread was about.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by The Powerslave
No. He used to play right handed, but then his fingertips got crushed off and he had to learn to play the other way round (left handed). And they weren't bottle tops he got some new prosthetic things eventually (although he may have used bottle tops before he got them)

"In an industrial accident at the age of 15 on his last day of work in a sheet metal factory, he lost the tips of the middle and ring fingers of his right hand - which, being left-handed,"

Quoted from wikipedia.
I'm left-handed, but I use a right-handed bass....
Quote by #1 synth
WOW, that was probably the best burn i've seen on here, you get +2 respect points wanttobebetter

Quote by Pan-Tallica
^X2 ... Didn't wahappen already warn you for acting like a mod?
Quote by Wanttobebetter
I'm left-handed, but I use a right-handed bass....

Do you mean that you have reversed cordinats?

Or are you just flipped your guitar over?
Quote by The Powerslave

No. Iommi was always left handed. It's an interesting fact that as well as having the tips of his fingers missing on his fretting hand, he's also allergic to nickel and so the strings give him a rash when he plays.