wow thats soooo sweet. i dont even like metal, im into jam bands and stuff, but i still though that it was awesome. it sounded really professional. props to you man, great job
Bow down on yo' knees fo' Umphrey McGee's.
To bad it's too late for Christmass, otherwise I'd have been blasting this in the holidays. But big kudos anyway!
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM Dorkus Malorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.

Please, crit my song!
Vision at the Stairs
That was sweet!

11/10 Schwings.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

10/10 man, that was awesome! Vocals are great, guitar work in awesome.

One of the best and most original covers I've ever heard.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Just the way Sr. S intended it to be...

TIP: You need to add some boost to that solo. Would of put it all together better.. IMO
thanks everyone. Derek - do you mean "boost" as in you feel it needs more gain on the amp? Or boost as in it needs to be higher in the mix?
thanks!

for this recording I used the following:

schecter c-1 elite guitar
fender standard p-bass
dunlop db01 'crybaby from hell'
shure sm7b mic
m-audio dmp3 mic/intrument preamp
m-audio audiophile 192 soundcard
alien connections revalver mkII software amp simulation (for all bass and guitar tones)
EZdrummer
samplitude 8
Last edited by warren_w at Jan 14, 2007,
thats very sweet,dude i wish our choir couldve song that version at our christmas concert than the standard bass-baritone-tenor version,it woulda kicked ass...it sorta made me think of how it woulda been if metallica wouldve done it that way...
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
i liked it--the only thing i didnt like was the fact that the whole grunge vocal voice thing u got going in the first two verses sounds like ur trying too hard... dont try to put TOO much distortion in ur voice or it just comes sounding corny
i think you forgot to say,"the three words that best desribe you are as followed and i quote",-"STINK,STANK,STUNK!",idk for sure,i kinda zoned out around that prt,but i didnt go bak and listen
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
thanks. I have a bit of natural raspy-ness to my voice to start with. It's not something I 'put on', but I can definately push my voice harder and make it more pronounced. I don't know that I could explain how I do it, y'know? I just do it, I sing and that's the result.
all I can say is that this cover is the shit! What amp do you have man cause it sounds killer? What Tab did you use for this cause now I want to sit down and crank a version out,lol. Great stuff man!
Quote by zachbino57
CSguitarvocal is correct as usual, pepsi tastes much better out of a can.

Quote by TWISTEDFender
And CSguitarvocal for teh win.
I listened to the rest of your stuff.

All of it was class, Warren. I like what you do with your music.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
hahahhaha that was fucking sic!!

The vocals on there was great and i loved the guiatrs!...especially the solo
thanks very much guys.

CSguitarvocal - sorry no tabs, bro. I learn by mostly by ear these days. for this recording I plugged my guitar into a DI and then into my soundcard. I used a really awesome amp simulation software called Revalver MKII. It's by a company called Alien Connections and they have a demo for download on their website (alienconnections.com). I highly recommend it as it's the best software simulation I've ever heard.
Quote by warren_w
thanks very much guys.

CSguitarvocal - sorry no tabs, bro. I learn by mostly by ear these days. for this recording I plugged my guitar into a DI and then into my soundcard. I used a really awesome amp simulation software called Revalver MKII. It's by a company called Alien Connections and they have a demo for download on their website (alienconnections.com). I highly recommend it as it's the best software simulation I've ever heard.

how long is the trial and can you record using the trial?
um, I believe there is no time limit. I think the demo limitations are that you can't save presets, and that every three minutes it emits a sound, like a beep or something. you can use it in your vst host to record in demo mode too.
Very nice, that made my day!

I was looking for some inspiration for my own sound, and I really like your guitar work. I have a busy day tomorrow
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
awesome!
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Dimebag does Grinch? fukking classic... reminds me of the sponge bob square pants my band did a few months ago, our fans loved it!

Good work!

Crit 4 crit https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506649
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
Last edited by MrSandMan at Jan 18, 2007,
Ok i had to post again because i listened to this song more and it's right now in my top 5 favourite songs right now.

Edit: Is that your singing because it's really good
thanks alot. yessir, that's me singing. I did all the parts, guitar, bass, vocals, and I sequenced the drums in samplitude 8 midi editor, which then ran through EZdrummer.
can Revalver MKII record or just change the sound because I'm making a song but i need a recording program with good distortion.
no revalver doesn't record audio. to record with it you need to use it as a vst plug in inside a recording host program. Like cubase/nuendo, sonar, samplitude, reaper, etc. Any recording software that is vst compatible will do.
Amazing! The guitar tone is awesome, drums sound full and natural, vocals are perfect!
EDIT: I listened to Help! too, just amazing...how do you get everything to sound so full? Mastering software?
Last edited by ygokazuki at Jan 23, 2007,
Quote by ygokazuki
Amazing! The guitar tone is awesome, drums sound full and natural, vocals are perfect!
EDIT: I listened to Help! too, just amazing...how do you get everything to sound so full? Mastering software?

thanks. ha, i do TRY to master my stuff. don't know how good i am at it but i'm learning. i've used izotope ozone a lot in the past, but right now i'm using the mastering plugs that come with samplitude.

i've not been doing this for long, but there are a couple things that i've found work for me in making a nice "full" mix:

whatever you're recording, make sure you're getting a nice clean signal. if something is muddy or crackly or has too much background noise it's only going to muddy up your final mix. use good high quality cables and try to minimize any background noise when using mics.

don't record too hot. a lot of manuals for recording gear will tell you to get a signal as hot (hot=loud) as you can without clipping. I've found this makes the final mix sound pinched. you want lots of headroom in all your tracks. headroom means lots of room to turn something up before clipping. more headroom is always better for having a nice clean full mix.