Dooms day clock is getting moved closer to midnight rough stuff Dooms Day
Quote by Izdigger
Arrrgh! The agony! Bring me a virgin and a cup of Devil's brew!

Quote by mr kipling
I can sweep with my boner.I have to use light strings, otherwise My penis will look like an emo wrist.
Shouldn't scientists be working on real problems instead of playing with a cardboard clock? What a crock of shit.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
Shouldn't scientists be working on real problems instead of playing with a cardboard clock? What a crock of shit.

well said i was thinking the exact same.
How do you measure something like that?
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Humanity sucks.
I read in the news yesterday that some scientists had calculated that a nuclear war (Between the US and North Korea, for example) could cause at least as many casualties as World War II, and a ten year long nuclear winter all over the world.
How stupid is that? Haven't enough people died already?
I guess it's pretty basic facts, but it just angers me that anyone would feel the need to possess weapons that could destroy everything and everyone on this planet, including themselves, just to get revenge on someone.
Quote by Rambo-Conny
Humanity sucks.
I read in the news yesterday that some scientists had calculated that a nuclear war (Between the US and North Korea, for example) could cause at least as many casualties as World War II, and a ten year long nuclear winter all over the world.
How stupid is that? Haven't enough people died already?
I guess it's pretty basic facts, but it just angers me that anyone would feel the need to possess weapons that could destroy everything and everyone on this planet, including themselves, just to get revenge on someone.

I see where your coming from, but look at it like this:

Would you rather not have them when someone else does or would you rather have them?

I personally pick "have them", and I feel a whole lot safer.

That doesn't mean I support "oh lets go kill them all", but in the event that it was needed... well, what has to be has to be I guess.
I lol'd at the pic.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by JeffReigns

Would you rather not have them when someone else does or would you rather have them?

That doesn't mean I support "oh lets go kill them all", but in the event that it was needed... well, what has to be has to be I guess.

I'd prefer it if noone had them to begin with. There's way to much hate and paranoia in this world.
the sooner we all die, the better the fucking world will be.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by Mathamology
So that's what the Maiden song is all about

I think the clock is actualy inspired by that song.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by Metal_Rich
I think the clock is actualy inspired by that song.

When it was created by the magazine's staff in 1947, it was initially set at seven minutes to midnight and has moved 17 times since then.

i doubt it, somehow
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
<//////>~ dA
Quote by JeffReigns

It's like Gun Ownership.

A criminal could easily mug/kill you and take your money. But if he knows you have a gun, he'll probably be a lot more careful. Maybe not in the U.S, 'cause they're just ****ed up.
Quote by esther_mouse
i doubt it, somehow

Haha, I was only kidding, I don't even understand how it works let alone what its all about.

EDIT: Just looked up the wiki, and it makes pretty clear sense now.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Last edited by Metal_Rich at Jan 14, 2007,
What a load. If it has been at seven minutes for 60 years, and they are going to move it forward what, a minute, that would mean I would be long dead before midnight.
And if it's been moved 17 times already, isn't it just going back and forth? Next article!
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
i'm pretty sure the clock is just a morbid way of showing us all how close we are to destroying our species (and probably a few others, as well). happy times
<//////>~ dA
What a waste of precious cardboard!

But seriously, wtf are they thinking? It's like they want the end of the world.
+2
Seinfeld
The Gear:
Fender John Mayer Sig. Strat
Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 60
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Damn right, I've got the blues.
Quote by flambe chicken
^ I like it!
Stop giving Bin Laden ideas though!

bin laden does access UG frequently, or he used to, his alias is syd barret
Leader of The Mighty Powermetal Brethren. PM me to join.

ALL HAIL DYSTOPIA!!!

Angry Mob