If was to talk the trem block of my strat bridge. Would this be a cheaper way to make it hard tail?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Why not just stick a block of wood in there?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Yea good point i think I will. SO keep the trem block attached, but get rid of the springs? and block it up?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

I dunno about getting rid of the springs, im pretty sure you should leave them in there, but yeah..a block of wood cut to size should work

but i have no idea about this so i dont know
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

lets just hope some1 posts who does

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Uhh...blocking a Strat trem? How can you and whats the point? They only go down in pitch, just take the bar out and forget it's there...
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Yeah just cut a block of wood that'll fit. I left the springs on mine, I don't really see any reason to take them out.
Knowledge is a deadly friend if no one sets the rules; the fate of all mankind, I see, is in the hands of fools.

"Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny." - FZ

Member of the Frank Zappa fan club. PM deadhead313313 to join!
The point is im pretty sure it adds sustain and tuning stability having it blocked..but yeah, id just take out the bar, and add a block of wood..it would work
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Whack all 5 springs in there to pull the bridge onto the body.

Then cut wood out to fill it. The more you can fill, the better. Might need some pretty intricate cutting. And remember to leave holes for the strings.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
You need at least one spring in there if you block the trem so that it will be grounded to the trem claw.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club