i just downloaded the new patch and when i tried to log in, it said "disconnected from server" like 80 times, then when i went to get on the communty sight, to find out whats wrong, it wouldn't let me log in there and then the whole site just won't load....whats goin on????

i've restarted my comp and my internet connection to no avail
i play drums and guitar :
It's probably your computer messing about, give it a while and try again later.
And then look at the damn site Questions & Answers.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
That'd be an issue with the patch on their side. Just wait until they fix it. In the mean time, play guitar or something.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Yeah dude, a guitar forum is the best place to ask about your WoW problems.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
don't play warcraft. that's the best i can do to help you.
Not being able to connect is God's way of giving you a life.

lol I'm just kidding. i don't care whether or not u play. but all i'm saying is, the kids who play wow at my school are a bit different...
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Everyone is having the same problems really. Blizzard likes to screw things up right before a huge content release. This release being the expansion pack tomorrow.

UG might not be the best place to ask this though, check out the WoW official tech support forums and you will see hundreds of kicking and screaming players mad about the login issue.

Personally I havent been playing for weeks, I go to log in today to check on friends and as usual, its busted.

What am I doing instead of playing now? Im gonna go plugin, crank it up, and rock out.
I downloaded a .exe once, opened it, and it pretty much nailed my computer, and yes, by nailed I mean, got it's **** out and shoved it in my computers ass.
It may be that WoW isn't working 'cause of your internet firewalls... make sure that the following ports are open:

That's all the WoW and Blizzard Downloader ports (I think that's all of them)

Get there by going Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Exceptions and Add Port

And when you get disconnected, are you actually getting into the game? Do you make it through the character select screen or does it disconnect when you're logging in?

Also check the news thing at the log in screen, there's servers having restarts tonight I think.
I didn't have a signature until now.
to all the dicks and asses telling me to play guitar, i prolly would execpt for the fact that i share a room with my brother and he is currently sleeping and i would rather not wake him because i have respect, if u guys aren't gonna be serious than don't reply, and just because i play WoW doesn't mean i don't have a life, its a game, if u play playstation or Wii or any game in the world, i guess u don't have a life either.....

as for the serious responses, i think it is a patch bug because i was on there a half hour before i got the patch and everything was fine... sigh...
Speaking of mmo's, anyone gonna try the new game, 'gods and heroes: rome rising'? It looks 1337...
Quote by ar73m
Yeah dude, a guitar forum is the best place to ask about your WoW problems.

Why not? There are 400000 registered members (not that many are active anyway), surely someone on here knows what could be happening...

Oh yeah I used to play D2 and I know blizzard has loads of shit problems, they might be doing maintanence and it's pure coincidence that you installed the patch at the same time.
Quote by Scourge
It may be that WoW isn't working 'cause of your internet firewalls... make sure that the following ports are open:

That's all the WoW and Blizzard Downloader ports (I think that's all of them)

Get there by going Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Exceptions and Add Port

And when you get disconnected, are you actually getting into the game? Do you make it through the character select screen or does it disconnect when you're logging in?

Also check the news thing at the log in screen, there's servers having restarts tonight I think.

it disconnects when 'm trying to log in, my ports are fine, i was on earlier today
i went online and checked, my realm is up and running too
Quote by paintITblack39
Its probably because WoW wants you to make friends and get a life.

Quote by SG thrasher
OH NOES!, You might have to go out and get a life!?!!? Dude its just a game,chill out, probably just doing some maintainance or something.

Quote by PieceOfMind666
don't play warcraft. that's the best i can do to help you.
Not being able to connect is God's way of giving you a life.

lol I'm just kidding. i don't care whether or not u play. but all i'm saying is, the kids who play wow at my school are a bit different...

Should've guessed something like this would happen.

Bet I'm gonna get some of this as well, eh?

Despite the fact that I've hardly spent my time at home for a long time, and when I have I've been with people? People who play WoW aren't necessarily computer nerd loners who don't have a life.

Quote by bluehawk15620
it disconnects when 'm trying to log in, my ports are fine, i was on earlier today
i went online and checked, my realm is up and running too
Well it's probably just Blizzard being a bunch of dicks again.
Notice how ever since the big patch came out EVERYONE'S been having problems? It's like Blizzard is deliberately putting bugs into the game haha.

This shouldn't keep stuffing up for you too long, these things usually don't take that long to fix themselves. Assuming it's Blizzard, that is (which it most likely is).

Another thing you could try is using the WoW Fixer ("World of Warcraft - repair") It's a .exe file in the main WoW folder.

That might work if you use that.
Yeah dude, I'm having the problem too.

It's just an error that came about after the last mini-patch. It'll be cleared up in an hour or 2 probs.
If I had my way, I'd crush your face in the door.
Yeah I find that if WoW stuffs up, it means they've just done another patch :P
Quote by paintITblack39
Its probably because WoW wants you to make friends and get a life.

True
Quote by Archaon

True

Har Har Har...

I guess that must be why I've been seeing my girlfriend almost every day, spent 4 days at my mate's beach house, and spending the next few days with some other mates. And band practice. All in the while playing guitar, reading books, and listening to music. Just in the last week.
Oh... oh... oh... but... I'm a WoW player?!

WTF IS GOING ON?! CONFUSED MUCH?!

Yeah, I'm with Scourge on this one.

I play WoW, and yet, I go to parties, hang out with my girlfriend, hang out with my friends, play guitar.

It's not like everyone who plays WoW is a hardcore no-lifed nerd. I just play it as a fun thing to do. I have to share a computer with my family, so I can never really get a LOT of time to play it.
If I had my way, I'd crush your face in the door.
The employees are currently trying to fix the problem. You are one out of thousands that are having the same problem unfortunately. Lucky you however, I couldn't even log in to download the patch....

Quote by Dinkydaisy
It's probably your computer messing about, give it a while and try again later.
And then look at the damn site Questions & Answers.

Unfortunately, their site is pretty much down as well...
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by flyingjew34
The employees are currently trying to fix the problem. You are one out of thousands that are having the same problem unfortunately. Lucky you however, I couldn't even log in to download the patch....
Change the settings so it downloads updates when you're not playing the game.

This also means you'll have better ping, probably :P

Quote by DreamVoltaZep
Yeah, I'm with Scourge on this one.

I play WoW, and yet, I go to parties, hang out with my girlfriend, hang out with my friends, play guitar.

It's not like everyone who plays WoW is a hardcore no-lifed nerd. I just play it as a fun thing to do. I have to share a computer with my family, so I can never really get a LOT of time to play it.
Yeah exactly.

It's the damn nerds who DO play it 24/7 that make it look bad for everyone. Even though that's only a small percentage really -_-
Quote by Scourge
Change the settings so it downloads updates when you're not playing the game.

This also means you'll have better ping, probably :P

Yeah exactly.

It's the damn nerds who DO play it 24/7 that make it look bad for everyone. Even though that's only a small percentage really -_-

yea i barely play it between work, school, guitar and gf, so i have some free time and would enjoy playing
Quote by Scourge
Har Har Har...

I guess that must be why I've been seeing my girlfriend almost every day, spent 4 days at my mate's beach house, and spending the next few days with some other mates. And band practice. All in the while playing guitar, reading books, and listening to music. Just in the last week.
Oh... oh... oh... but... I'm a WoW player?!

WTF IS GOING ON?! CONFUSED MUCH?!

Easy, why is everyone getting their panties all up in a bunch over my comment? I didn't make the ****ing joke.

I know not all WoW players are pathetic losers with no social life, it's just the common stereotype and it's funny to stick with. One of my friend's who has a hot girlfriend, plenty of sex, decent grades, etc. dropped out of his second semester in college, stopped seeing his girlfriend (and stopped getting laid), and became addicted to this game. Luckily he quit. At least, that's what he told me.
Quote by Archaon
Easy, why is everyone getting their panties all up in a bunch over my comment? I didn't make the ****ing joke.

I know not all WoW players are pathetic losers with no social life, it's just the common stereotype and it's funny to stick with. One of my friend's who has a hot girlfriend, plenty of sex, decent grades, etc. dropped out of his second semester in college, stopped seeing his girlfriend (and stopped getting laid), and became addicted to this game. Luckily he quit. At least, that's what he told me.

Now that's bullshit, what was he thinking?
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

now they have a thing up in the game log in screen where it says no one can get on lol....way to go blizzard
Quit playing wow. Now!

Nerds are turds.

Don't be one. Go get some.

Go go join the pussy palace.

Be a man, boy!

HAHAHA.

haha

I wasn't joking though
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
I'm not trying to look open minded, in fact I try not to be open minded.
I hate people who are overly open minded.
Who the hell plays WoW? I mean...what?...8 Million people? 8 Million people!?? 8 MILLION LIFES WASTED!!???!!
Quote by Moggan13
Who the hell plays WoW? I mean...what?...8 Million people? 8 Million people!?? 8 MILLION LIFES WASTED!!???!!

Lives...
WoW is for n00bs

Not only is it one of the worst MMOs to be released in recent years, it has contributed to the crappy state of all MMO games out today. I remember when the only people that played FFXI, EQ, etc were mature and reasonable, but when WoW was released all that changed. Its less tedious, easier, and cartoonish nature attracts a younger crowd to the MMO scene. They start out with WoW and eventually get bored with it, then they decide to try out another MMO such as FFXI or EQ. They realize that it isn't as easy as WoW is, so instead of quitting and going back, they buy accounts off ebay, ige, etc. They think that since they had some uber WoW character that they can immediately jump into something else, instead they act like complete retards and generally contribute to the downfall of the player base and server economies.

The fact is, WoW is good for casual gamers and people that don't want to spend the time and effort that it takes in other MMOs to have a good character. Having said that, its brought a lot of un-needed attention to the MMO scene. Not only does it attract a lamer crowd, its brought the idea of government taxation of MMO items about, it has the media's eyes on it, and its contributed to a massive funding spike in RMT companies (gold-sellers/gilsellers).
how can you relate WoW and final fantasy? theyre 2 complete different styles of game, and WoW does still take time and effort to have a good character, unless you spend ages on it every day. The only problem ive ever found is that its a huge spam attracter, with the while buy gold thing
Beggles

Quote by the humanity

if he does not post pics, he obviously has installed a pickup and bridge on his house broom for some brutal sweep picking.

Quote by beggles
how can you relate WoW and final fantasy? theyre 2 complete different styles of game, and WoW does still take time and effort to have a good character, unless you spend ages on it every day. The only problem ive ever found is that its a huge spam attracter, with the while buy gold thing

no, they aren't. FFXI is a MMORPG, just like WoW.

And compared to the amount of effort put into FF and EQ, the effort put into anything in WoW isn't even comparable.
well the only technical problem with world of warcraft is that it will consume your soul and send it to a land were unicorns and dwarves exist, also, your gf (i doubt u have one) will dump you, you're friends are gonna make fun of you, your staying home every friday/saturday night and you will be called a pwned n00b (in real life)