I don't usually play acoustic, but I left my electric somewhere so I just had to, and I have a question. You know the knobs that you have to attach the strap, why does my acoustic only have one, at the base, preventing me from using a strap?
-

You have to use a different type of strap that has what looks like a shoelace at the other end. It ties to the headstock under the strings, right by the nut
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
the other end attaches to the head of the guitar, ull have to buy a diff strap than an electric guitar one
Quote by Paddles
I feel sorry for the drummer, he gets stuck with a guitarist who can't hold a rhythm to save his life and a vocalist in the middle of a heavy-flow month.
Some do have 2

But having one is a traditional thing in acoustics.

Usually when you buy a strap it will come with a hook and some lace that your meant to wrap it up to.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by G-Rock
You have to use a different type of strap that has what looks like a shoelace at the other end. It ties to the headstock under the strings, right by the nut

Which is a no-no or you'll be putting unnecessary weight on the neck with the high risk of twisting it.

Get a workshop to "professionally" attach a second strap button.
It almost always involves adjusting a small block of wood inside the body and screw the button in it to avoid tearing out the side of the body.
Quote by ColdGin
Which is a no-no or you'll be putting unnecessary weight on the neck with the high risk of twisting it.

Get a workshop to "professionally" attach a second strap button.
It almost always involves adjusting a small block of wood inside the body and screw the button in it to avoid tearing out the side of the body.

The strap attrached to the neck isnt going to twist your guitar neck. You'd put more pressure on the neck while doing a barre chord LOL.
you dont need a different strap. just put a shoelace through the hole at the other end and tie it under the strings behind the nut.