I'm pretty much jobless right now, but I think I'm going to save up for a Taylor 414CE. My guitar teacher has one and his plays amazing. I went to GC yesterday and played one and of course the action was pretty high, but it still sounded and played great. Nice bottom end and bassiness compared to my 214. Does anyone have a 414? If so, how would you rate it?
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
****ing awesome guitar 9.94/10! Buy it!
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
I don't have this guitar, and I don't like Taylors but I am still willing to admit that the 414 is a great guitar. If it's what you want then go for it.
Not taking any online orders.
Whats wrong with your 214??

I own a 214 and love it to bits. I've played many other taylors and although I can detect tonal differences, I don't see the need to buy another... but it does seem that Taylor owners are among the most faithful buyers...

How long have you had your 214? If it's still young give it a while longer so it can age. I've had mine for nearly a year and I can tell from my recordings that the tone has become much fuller. Stick with what you have, and since your'e strapped for cash, that's all the more reason.

Take it from one Taylor owner to another.

htpp://www.olivergoldingmusic.com
Quote by ask_withnail
Whats wrong with your 214??

I own a 214 and love it to bits. I've played many other taylors and although I can detect tonal differences, I don't see the need to buy another... but it does seem that Taylor owners are among the most faithful buyers...

How long have you had your 214? If it's still young give it a while longer so it can age. I've had mine for nearly a year and I can tell from my recordings that the tone has become much fuller. Stick with what you have, and since your'e strapped for cash, that's all the more reason.

Take it from one Taylor owner to another.

He's just got different taste for tone than you that's all. I listened to your Classical Gas cover, guitar sounds great!

Let's face it, as guitarists we're never happy until we get the guitar we want. You seem pretty intent on getting a 414ce. If that's the case, go for it!
Hi!

Sig Retired.
If you're looking at at 414, then you should play a GS before you decide. You can special order it with electronics. Compare the two, and I bet you choose the GS...
Quote by CorduroyEW
I don't have this guitar, and I don't like Taylors but I am still willing to admit that the 414 is a great guitar. If it's what you want then go for it.

Out of interest why don't you like Taylors?
Sound? feel? something in the way they are made that you don't like, considering you make acoustics yourself and seem to know your stuff.

Really just interested because i have seen you make some sweet guitars and was wandering why you don't like a brand that i can not even get close to affording (putting aside their shitty laminate models, I'm just pretending they don't exist, as for that amount i can get a guitar with all solid woods).
The 400 series is probably my second favorite Taylor line...my favorite is the 600 series. Anywho, if its something you want, go for it.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by la bamba
Let's face it, as guitarists we're never happy until we get the guitar we want. You seem pretty intent on getting a 414ce. If that's the case, go for it!

I'm going to have to agree 100%. I'm always lusting after new guitars and often they are guitars that aren't nearly as nice as some other guitars I already own. There's certainly nothing wrong with the 400 series from Taylor. If you want one and can get the money together, then why not?
Quote by johnos
Out of interest why don't you like Taylors?
Sound? feel? something in the way they are made that you don't like, considering you make acoustics yourself and seem to know your stuff.

Really just interested because i have seen you make some sweet guitars and was wandering why you don't like a brand that i can not even get close to affording (putting aside their shitty laminate models, I'm just pretending they don't exist, as for that amount i can get a guitar with all solid woods).

I've got problems with my left wrist and taylor guitars make my arm hurt. I like a nice thick neck. The taylor sound is too thin and too light for my liking. Most people like this new wave of guitars with really thin top back and side with heavy scalloped bracing. Building a guitar this way gives you very quick responce, with a powerfull high end and booming lows. Taylor perfectec this tone, but I don't like the tone. I like the sound you get from thick tops, and small unscalloped bracing. Building a guitar this way makes it more woody sounding, with more mids and more sustain. The top end is just as loud and it's a little cleaner. The bass end has definition rather than boom but is often times a little week. It's 100% personal taste though. Taylor is taylor is the new sound in acoustics just like dimarzio is the new sound in electric guitar pickups. Great for some but not for others. I just like the older sound

Hope that made sence.
Not taking any online orders.
Yeah that makes perfect sense.
I'm just not that analytical when it comes to the sound of guitars. I know what I think is good, but i have never figured out how I like my lows, mids and highs.
I just sort of play a guitar and ask myself how it compares to something i own, and other guitars that i have played
I have the 412-ce. Probably the best purchase ever. I like the snappyness the ovangkol back and sides give you. Amazing tone, the action is AMAZING, and its definetly going to be one i will keep forever. I recommend you buy one.