Steve Vai (God) says that learning sheet music is vital, I know the basics to it, and I want to start learning peices. Where can I get sheet music for say, some classical stuff like Beethoven, Mozart etc? Say for example Beethoven's 5th Symphony, or Mozart's Rondo Alla Turc?

Thanks.
Generally, you have to buy it. I would suggest trying your local music store or even asking your school band director about it if you are in band.
Teh GOogles !!!!!!!

http://www.sheetmusicarchive.net/ ^Yeah you usually have to buy it but from this place i just found you get 2 songs a day.

edit: i would say "**** Vai". I think just knowing how to read sheet music should be good enough. Why not just read music that is easier and cheaper?(TAB)

If you did want tab i could give you a link to this really cool site that has a bunch of classical shit.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at Jan 14, 2007,
Reading and understanding sheet music is very important if you want to play with other musicians
Quote by Nick_
Reading and understanding sheet music is very important if you want to play with other musicians

Most guitarists usually want to play in a nice little band. Most regular (guitar, guitar, bass, drum) bands read tab because it's so easy. I think it's a good thing to be able to read sheet music which comes in handy when talking with other musicians, but just to learn songs I would find it very impractical.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
You can also get Guitar Pro, download tabs, and shut off the tab view, so all you see is the notation. Thousands and thousands of sheet music pages for free.
most guitarists do

but what about those that want to play with concert instruments, or in a jazz combo/band
Quote by Nick_
most guitarists do

but what about those that want to play with concert instruments, or in a jazz combo/band

Well of course. That's why i said most. Those groups are pretty much the exception. I was just thinking that maybe the threadstarter is one of the "most guitarists", because if he was then learning sheet music really isn't as vital as steve vai says.

edit: threadstarter, good luck finding sheet music for free. It's rare to come across.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
anyone looking to seriously study music in college must have a firm grasp on sight-reading, regardless of the instrument
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
just download guitar pro5 off limewire and shut off tab view.. just like insideac, thousands of sheet music for free. Or, you can go buy it like everyone else
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin

Pm me and I'll give you a link to God's forum! It still needs mods

62% of teens smoke pot, put this in your profile if you like lesbians

I love that you guys brought it up.

IMM NOOOB

anyway , i'm put off as the starting note and structure on sheet music is different for each instrument.

Where can i start?
Quote by Kamistan
I love that you guys brought it up.

IMM NOOOB

anyway , i'm put off as the starting note and structure on sheet music is different for each instrument.

Where can i start?

Treble Clef?? I barely understood wtf you just said lol.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by metal4all
Treble Clef?? I barely understood wtf you just said lol.

I've been speaking formally for hours. Ugh

I've always wished to learn sheet music , as i imagined it being the same for all instruments. But one day i saw that the starting notes for sheet notes differed , for example piano started from C , guitar from E.

It put me off as I had a lot of shit to learn and i'd probably confuse them with eachother.

oh.. treble clef.lol. I'm referring to what i referred to above.
I'm bad with guitar sheet music because theres more than one of each note.. basically I'm noob
I can read it with piano just fine though, but I did nothing but sheet music for like 5 years so that's a different story
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin

Pm me and I'll give you a link to God's forum! It still needs mods

62% of teens smoke pot, put this in your profile if you like lesbians

http://www.blanksheetmusic.net/

Edit: Damn, i thought you wanted blank sheets.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Last edited by bluesrocker101 at Jan 14, 2007,
start in the treble clef. just learn where those notes are. for example, middle C is one ledge line under the staff. learn the names of the lines and spaces