i got a new amp yesterday and today i bought a cd input connector.

so when i get home i think "yeh lets test it out" so i plug it in to my cd player and my amp switch it on and its just the volume i want.

but then i decide to play along with it so i go get my guitar and plug tht in then all of a sudden my cd goes mega loud!!!! i dont want it that loud but theres no way of turnin it down! does any1 know what im doin rong?
My Gear:
Jackson King-V
Crate GT65
Ibanez Weeping Demon 7
Digitech Whammy 2

Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?
ususally the volume of the cd input is controlled by the cd player, and your amp's volume knob is only for your guitar. set the guitar to the volume you want and then adjust the volume on the cd player accordingly. hope that helps
thanks but its not quite working. the cd player is low as possible. does the fact that it has a speaker actualy in the cd player make a difference?
My Gear:
Jackson King-V
Crate GT65
Ibanez Weeping Demon 7
Digitech Whammy 2

Quote by gallagher2006
well if the cd player has a speaker then why do you need to plug it into your amp??
cuz it mixes the 2 inputs together and so it sounds better wen playing along with it
My Gear:
Jackson King-V
Crate GT65
Ibanez Weeping Demon 7
Digitech Whammy 2

Quote by gallagher2006
it mixes the inputs into 1 mono output and it would sound better cuz the sound isnt coming from 2 different places then!
My Gear:
Jackson King-V
Crate GT65
Ibanez Weeping Demon 7
Digitech Whammy 2

Quote by gallagher2006
so im supposed to put my crate GT65 on a desk with my computer speakers just so that they sound decent?
My Gear:
Jackson King-V
Crate GT65
Ibanez Weeping Demon 7
Digitech Whammy 2

Quote by gallagher2006
set it right below it or something.... i cant imagine it would sound that bad or anything
well the sound of the amp would be a bit muffled compared to the pc speakers
My Gear:
Jackson King-V
Crate GT65
Ibanez Weeping Demon 7
Digitech Whammy 2

Quote by gallagher2006