Page 1 of 3
emhaslam
4 8 15 16 23 42
319 IQ
Ive now been 2 a wide range of concerts n just wondered wot evry1s opinion was on hu the best live band is.

Personally some of the best that Iv seen are U2, Foo Fighters, Axl Rose & Backing Band, Pink Floyd and Velvet Revolver

The worst band iv seen were the Chilis. I was so disappointed with them.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Kustom KGA 16R
mookie_baylock
some kind of wizard
51 IQ
the chili's put on a pretty good show when i saw them...pearl jam were amazing, as were muse...and i saw biffy clyro on friday and they were unreal aswell...
general_koffi
134 IQ
Simple Plan live rocked!

LOLZ. That hurt. Actually I was standing in line for beer when they were on.

The best I've seen is Metallica, but then not too many bands come to SA. Metallica rocked.
Jackson JS30KE
Roland Cube 30
FZRaven
114 IQ
Well that best live band i have seen would have to be Matisyahu, he rocked.
Cptbeefheart
UG's Captain of Beef
33 IQ
The Allmans, Pearl Jam, and last but not least DMB. They all put on a great show that can't be touched.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Doodleface
UG Monkey
1,651 IQ
-Led Zeppelin could play the same set list at 2 diffrent concerts and have one last for 4 hours and the other for 6.
-The Who destroyed all of their stuff at the end of every show.
-I would give my left testicle to see a Grateful Dead show.

as for bands that we can see today. (you can still see The Who.. but its not the same without Moon or Entwistle)

-Dream Theater was awesome when I saw them great muscianship and live Metallica and Rush medley's > stage presence
-Motley Crue was good, but only because of Tommy Lee's 'Titty Cam'
-Barenaked Ladies are actually very funny onstage.
-as are Great Big Sea.
-I had the sweet sweet chance to see Robert Plant, he kicked ass
-and Trans-Siberian Orchestra shows can make you blind.. seriously, there wicked
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
Quote by Doodleface
-Motley Crue was good, but only because of Tommy Lee's 'Titty Cam'

I heard that they are one of the worst bands (musically speaking) ever.
Cptbeefheart
UG's Captain of Beef
33 IQ
The Crue have a ton of energy live and they are a blast to see, but other than Mick Mars, they blow musically.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
TheLastTrueJedi
planktonite
21 IQ
Quote by emhaslam
Ive now been 2 a wide range of concerts n just wondered wot evry1s opinion was on hu the best live band is.

Personally some of the best that Iv seen are U2, Foo Fighters, Axl Rose & Backing Band, Pink Floyd and Velvet Revolver

The worst band iv seen were the Chilis. I was so disappointed with them.

moe. puts on a solid show

Phil Lesh and Friends is good if you like good jams
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
Almost any jam band is going to be a good live act.

Check out bands such as The Allman Brothers Band, The Grateful Dead (disbanded), Phish (disbanded), Phil Lesh and Friends, Trey Anastasiom String Cheese Incident, The Dave Matthews Band, Umphree's McGee, The Derek Trucks Band etc.

Another band, not very well-known, is a band from India called Indian Ocean. Easily one of the most talented bands I have ever heard.

Quote by Cptbeefheart
The Crue have a ton of energy live and they are a blast to see, but other than Mick Mars, they blow musically.

I heard that they just scream, "****!" the whole time.
hardrock1315
Thought @ Work
3,512 IQ
Agnostic Front, the Suspicion, Shadows Fall, the Repercussions, the Queers, and a bunch more I'm not gonna bother to write out now are really good. Also, even though I don't really like them on record, the Unseen are awesome live.

Also, pretty much everyone really needs to go to some shows in a more intimate setting, rather than sitting in a stadium, watching some band in a seat from a couple hundred feet away. Trust me, you'll like it.
Last edited by hardrock1315 at Jan 16, 2007,
tubab0y
old skool user.
1,326 IQ
satriani is amazing- he barely stays with the music. he managed to make 5 minute songs twice that long live.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
me511
21 IQ
FAMILY FORCE 5
hands down, no other band is so entertaining on stage. plus, they're freakin loud
their music is sorta corny, but they sweet live.
where is my cd?
ledzepp2994
249 IQ
ok so my fav show humm prouably a phill lesh and frends show out side in pouring rain and mud all in vt i think it was last year maby 2 ago but any hoo it was phill lesh then trey came out and played with him and then mike came out on stage too then page came and played a song with all of them on one stage. it was pretty much amazing they did 2 sets and phill did one set befor that then trey and mike and some other band i forget their name did a set that was freeking amazing it was befor treys newest album came out so he was playing songs from it. this all happened up here in vt.

but then again State Radio with franti was good too
Ok take it from some one who knows iv taken music therory and AP music theroy it helps its not that bad even if they do tell you power cords are lame
Child In Time
no talk of weather
438 IQ
Pearl Jam

-Huge changes in setlists. B-sides, covers, improvs. Not to mention tags at the end of Daughter,Betterman etc.
-Change in lyrics to go with where they are/issues in politics etc.
-Excellent interaction with the crowd- after taking pictures of the front row, Eddie said "these are pictures of the best singers in the world."
-3 hour gigs.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Abe
Come Here and Say That...
1,563 IQ
Well, I figured that this thread would be bigger.

Meh, The White Stripes are the best band I've seen live, they were THAT good.
Teh1337Hax0rz
89 IQ
lamb of god, and killswitch engage
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
igotabcrich32
Is Dan
1,431 IQ
Quote by tubab0y
satriani is amazing- he barely stays with the music. he managed to make 5 minute songs twice that long live.

not as impressed when Phish was able to make 2 minute songs 30 minutes
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
igotabcrich32
Is Dan
1,431 IQ
maybe not 2 minutes, that was me exagerating, 4 minute songs and so on though

but Ghost (3:52) is 31:47 on a show i have (8-2-03 and 8-3-03, the It Festival)

also Wolfman's Brother, 4:28 on Hoist, 28:21 on Live Phish 11 and 30:43 on Live Phish 16
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
jhardcore
UG Fanatic
1,859 IQ
I saw The Living End live and they were absolutely magnificent. They played everything perfectly, and did quite alot of improv which was awesome. The were so energetic, with Chris Cheney running around the stage, climbing on Scott's bass and the bass drum and stuff.
Tophue
82 IQ
youtube At the Drive in Concerts... thats a great live band
amzrock
177 IQ
I don't know the other but see how hoobastank are on stage!
Look at dan ,hoobastank's guitarist, he makes a kind of some specaculary jumps!... he really jumps and very well lol!
Doug hoobastank's singer is awesome too!he moves very much on stage!
The rest of the band is cool too!
If you don't agree or if you would know more go to youtube.com and see some videos of them!
trey-col89
the angry young man
1,127 IQ
Phish.... end of story you can close the thread now.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
DanteR*
664 IQ
Quote by TheHeartbreaker

I heard that they just scream, "****!" the whole time.

I heard that you need to buy The Carnival of Sins Motley Crue DVD, look on Youtube for live performances, or go to one of their concerts instead of making stupid assumptions and/or relying on what you have "heard".

So, yeah, Crue and Aerosmith
Kurtsmyhero06
370 IQ
well the greatest band ive evr seen line was disturbed at ozz fest seriously they made the whole day there music is pretty good but its just the way evry1 there can rly get into it
joedogg9999
21 IQ
Quote by Child In Time
Pearl Jam

-Huge changes in setlists. B-sides, covers, improvs. Not to mention tags at the end of Daughter,Betterman etc.
-Change in lyrics to go with where they are/issues in politics etc.
-Excellent interaction with the crowd- after taking pictures of the front row, Eddie said "these are pictures of the best singers in the world."
-3 hour gigs.

bingo.

Pearl Jam is BY FAR the best live band out there. i have been to 10 different shows by them, and each and every single time the setlist was DRASTICALLY different. that is due to the fact the have a larger catelogue of awsome songs than any other band out there.

and yea they play longer than anyone out there as well.
joedogg9999
21 IQ
Quote by igotabcrich32
not as impressed when Phish was able to make 2 minute songs 30 minutes

yes, 30 minutes of even more annoyancy. ill pass.