Hi, I am planning on going on holiday to San Francisco in April, and I was wondering how much I'd be able to get a Gibson Les Paul studio for.

I know it will be much cheaper than in this country so I plan on taking my cheap les paul copy over there in a case, then giving it to someone, and taking back a Gibson studio.

I can claim it is the same guitar so I won't have to pay any import tax.

I need a rough idea of how much I need to save up, I say im going for a Studio, because in the UK it's the only Gibson I can afford.

However, if there are better Gibson Les Pauls for under £800 ($1600) I'd probably be temped to go for the best I can afford.

I know I can look on the internet for american prices, but I want an idea of how much your average high street retailer is going to charge rather than an online website.

Also, do they have nice beaches in San Francisco ?
Remember that when you buy a guitar in a shop you can always haggle for a slightly lower price. And I don't know personally but I've heard that Gibson LP Studio's aren't really worth it and you should save up for a standard instead. Those start at like $2,000 though.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by Schneiderman
Remember that when you buy a guitar in a shop you can always haggle for a slightly lower price. And I don't know personally but I've heard that Gibson LP Studio's aren't really worth it and you should save up for a standard instead. Those start at like $2,000 though.

That's out of my price range unfortunately, even $1600 dollars is ambitious unless I borrow money off a relative.

It's nice to hear that the USA is better than the UK as far as mucis shops go, they charge about 20% more than online retailers and if you offer them a lower cash price...

The studios are $1000 on Guitar Center, so I guess it's safe to say that's the maximum I'll have to pay in a shop there?

I'll offer a $800 cash price and see how many shops I get thrown out of before someone says yes

That's be awesome, a half price Gibson!