Ok, now I am on multiple guitar forums and I go to gigs all around my area and all I see everywhere are teles and strats. What is the big thing with them? All the basses are fender. I dont get why all these hardcore/metal guys buy these fenders instead of a nice LTD for guitarists or Spector for bassists? I DISPISE fenders and even name brands. I bought an ESP, but thats just because it was a great guitar and good price and fit my style of music. Im buying a custom next but I just dont get the fender craze. For jazz and blues theyre perfect but for metal? They dont even fit the part. Its like putting Matthew Broderick in a war movie...
usually buy purchase equipment because they like the sound and tone.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
People like Fenders because they are first electric guitars in the world, or they sound great, or...
And btw, i like ESP's too
Fenders have amazing quality and tone, and theyre incredibly versatile. For shred? No probly not but I would still choose them over every other guitar make.
they buy them because theyre great guitars and they arent crazily over priced like gibsons

but i do agree with you that there are guitars out there that are alot better then fender for metal
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
because they like them, 1 guitar isnt better than another, its a subject of taste. Now personally I dont particularly like Gibsons, I just dont, but fender's are my thing. They also are generally cheaper and have a more balanced sound, so are very good for younger people who dont have the money to spend $5,000 each on a guitar for every occasion.
songs: Left Behind choices
Quote by MadClownDisease
Well I can top you all, I've done my mum, my step brother AND a cat. As well as quite a few corpses.
Quote by TCkarlos
Fenders have amazing quality and tone, and theyre incredibly versatile. For shred? No probly not but I would still choose them over every other guitar make.

Look at malmsteen, he shreds with a fender.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
Quote by Teh Forest King
Its like putting Matthew Broderick in a war movie...

In a way, Godzilla was a war against dinosaurs...it had an army and everything!
I dEspise Fender, too.

No, I don't. They make a quality product. The Stratocaster is the most versatile guitar ever made.

But when push comes to shove, it's a preference thing. You don't like Fender... watch the rest of us NOT give a shit.
Looking for my India/Django.
Since when do you have to have a certain guitar to play a certain genre?

Maybe they like Fenders because they're really versatile?
Can be customized a million different ways?
Play well?
Are comfortable?
Sound good?
Are high quality?
Are cheap in comparison to other name brands?
what he said- fenders are extremely versatile. and there's something nice knowing that 50 years of research, feedback from musicians, etc. went into your gear.

they work, why not get one?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
*raises hand*

I don't like Fenders, but there's no need to rag on the people who do. It's their tone, let them be.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
I prefer Teles because they have an amazing clean tone and an amazing dirty tone. There's a reason so many famous guitarists use them. Fender basses are amazing too. I own a Spector bass, but I've played atleast four Fender basses that I like as much if not more. Their tone is great, their prices aren't bad, and some just look and feel amazing. Just because you have to defy convention by "dispising" name brands doesn't mean everyone else is going to steer clear because it's a name brand. It wouldn't be a name brand if it didn't have a history of being good.
Quote by Angus76
Look at malmsteen, he shreds with a fender.

Forgot about tht...
It is a matter of taste really, Fenders offer the most versatility and are reasonably priced.
cos fender rule......
Learn to swim....

Αλλη μια πέτρα που κυλά...

[quote="Chris.Rock.Art
"]he's my "friend" he said he wanted me to see. It wasn't an accident...he wants to have sex
I wish a had a strat...

Seriously, a few or most of you must agree with me here: A vintage strat, be it black white or orange [insert desired colour] and being a little bit bashed up and slightly faded has to be one of the best looking guitars on the planet, and not only that but it is also one of the best sounding guitars on the planet.

Once i've got my new amp, im finding me a proper strat.
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club
You "dispise" name brands? You only get no-name pawnshop brands? Have fun getting a good guitar, then. Don't hate on brands just cos people like them. There's a reason everybody plays Fenders. You know why? They're good guitars.
i have no idea, i like blade better did hear an awesome sounding fender a while ago. still blades look better too imo
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Jan 14, 2007,
Fender are a trustworthy brand of guitars that give you what everyone is asking for at a reasonable price. much better quality control than the likes of gibson etc.. I have my fender CIJ jag and I adore it, the neck feels perfect, short scale, very unique tone, very versatile, I would take a bullet for the thing.