Could somebody please edit the schematic so that there is a switch which can be turned off and on which when off stops the battery's power from being wasted.

Also can you tell me what extra parts you use.

Thanks if you help

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror

All that does is disconnects the ground of the battery from the rest of the circuit, so no current can flow out of the battery. Just install a single pole, single throw (SPST) switch along the black wire on your battery connector.
MG Free At Last
that would work- just make sure the switch isn't a momentary one.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
that would work- just make sure the switch isn't a momentary one.

How would I tell?

EDIT: also if there is 3 prongs what do they all connect to if there is only two connections to connect to. is one ground?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Last edited by Lordoflax at Jan 14, 2007,

If there are three prongs, it's a single pole, double throw switch. A momentary switch is just one only temporarily connects. If it's a switch, it will have a spring that returns it to its original position, it won't stay in the on position by itself. If it's a momentary button, it won't "click."
MG Free At Last
If you look at the original schematic it's set up so that it will turn off when you uplug the jack.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
^ thanks for letting me know, but Sometimes im too lazy to unplug the jack

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

I'm also looking to put an LED in so that when the pedal is ON the led is ON, and when the pedal is OFF the LED is also OFF. How would I go about doing this? WOuld I put it on the same wire as the on/off switch? but before the battery?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Just put the led on the same wire as the switch. Don't know if this will affect the pedal.
on the jack side of the wire, or the battery side?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Just wire the positive side of the LED (the long leg) so it's connected to the hot wire, and connect the ground of the LED to the circuit board side of the switch.

MG Free At Last
Last edited by ljplum12 at Jan 14, 2007,
Aren't you forgetting the switching jack?
I guess I considered that just part of the circuit board.

EDIT: Ah crap, you meant for the LED. I'll fix it.
MG Free At Last
Last edited by ljplum12 at Jan 14, 2007,
Quote by ljplum12

Is the current limiting resistor just a standard 100k resistor?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

^Seems a bit on the high side to me...I usually use 3.3k in that position.
I guess it depends on the LED. The last circuit I used an LED in, I seem to remember using a 100k but then again, it wasn't a 9V circuit either. I've never actually built a guitar pedal, so I'd listen to That_Pink.
MG Free At Last
Last edited by ljplum12 at Jan 15, 2007,
Quote by ljplum12

If there are three prongs, it's a single pole, double throw switch. A momentary switch is just one only temporarily connects. If it's a switch, it will have a spring that returns it to its original position, it won't stay in the on position by itself. If it's a momentary button, it won't "click."

I'm getting rid of the LED, but my question is. Can you use a SPDT instead of a SPST without any problems?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Yea, 100k is way high. I usually use 2.7k (drains battery but is bright) to 4.7k (still bright). 100k wont let it light at all.

EDIT: ^-Yea you can use a SPDT. Just wire it like that SPST and disregard the last (3rd) lug on it.