ok ive been playin for about a year or so now, I dont know any scales.. can someone tell me what what be the top 3 or 4 scales to learn in order?
Also, I might start takin lessons or w.e. cause theres only so much I can learn by myself, and this one instructor teaches theory, can someone explain what theory is?
all help is appreciated
The pentatonics, they are so useful for everything
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
learn the basic major and minor scales, as well as the pentatonic versions of them...that should be enough to get you started...from there you can build to learn whatever else you'd like, possibly the modes, harmonic and melodic minor, maybe some exotic scales, etc...
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
ummm on this site go to lessons and search "scales" u will find a bunch of lessons so check out melodic and major scales and scales in soloing and stuff it helped me.
IF YOU WANT PEACE PREPARE FOR WAR!!

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
theory, in a nutshell, is an explanation of why music sounds the way it does, and it can only benefit you as a musician to understand it to a certain point

Read me
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.