im buying either a dean from hell or a dean razorback soon, and both of those guitars come with licenced floyd rose's. is it worth me buying an original and getting it fitted instead of the licenced? how bad are the licenced ones compared to the originals?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
I have used a lisceced tremelo, and it sucked. plus, one of the thing that held the string in broke. I think it is worth the extra cash especially if your gonna put up that much for a guitar.
The Conservative youth of America!
i think im getting the dean from hell, and yeah I really want it
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
soo, anyone else?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Why not an Ibanez S520EX? Specs are close to the Dean's you listed, plus better trem.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I'm not putting down the S520, but the Ibanez is very different in terms of feel compared to the dean. Consider that the Ibanez has a very thin body, while the deans shapes are much different. Also the Ibanez has crap stock pups, the DFH has the Bill lawerence in the bridge, ZR vs. LFR as well to consider. 22 frets vs 24. Very different guitars.
the ibanez does look nice, but i love the ml shape in general. plus ive never played an ibanez before, dunno if i'd like it or not. I already own a dean ml x, so I know how they play, and it is a very low end dean compared to the DFH
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Last edited by serbusfish at Jan 14, 2007,
great, this thread is about floyd rose's, not what you think about dean and ibanez guitars
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Quote by pierce34celtic
I'm not putting down the S520, but the Ibanez is very different in terms of feel compared to the dean. Consider that the Ibanez has a very thin body, while the deans shapes are much different. Also the Ibanez has crap stock pups, the DFH has the Bill lawerence in the bridge, ZR vs. LFR as well to consider. 22 frets vs 24. Very different guitars.

I thought the Dean had 22 frets... Enlighten me.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Yeah, you're right about everything else though.

Quote by serbusfish
im buying either a dean from hell or a dean razorback soon, and both of those guitars come with licenced floyd rose's.

Have you tried either?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
How much can you get the dean for? and what amp do you have? EDIT: warhead, eh?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah warhead, got it a few days ago, the dean from hell is £575 from www.dolpinmusic.co.uk, cheapest ive seen it for
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
OK.

dean from hell = £575
OFR = £150
New Pickups= £90 minimum, if you go swiney.

= £815.

Ibanez rg3210 = £809, Jackson SL3= £629 (it is at my local shop, anyway). Both MIJ.

pwnt.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
nah the dean from hell comes with a bill lawrence l-500xl, no need to change that, and I never use the neck pickup
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Last edited by serbusfish at Jan 14, 2007,
^ fair enough, the dimebucker (on the models it's fitted on) is shit, though.

you're still easily within range of a better guitar. heck, £800 will virtually buy you a totally custom guitar.

just as long as you realise that a lot of your cash is going on the name and shape, and not the quality.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah i know about the dimebucker sucking, but im gonna see how the LFR is first, no point speding £150 on an original if I dont need it
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
have you guys ever noticied that serbusfish is dimebags ass slave. . I mean, every question he has asked is about dime's gear and look at his sig! i meam damn, I love a few guitarists, but dude. . .
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
Quote by synester_gates
have you guys ever noticied that serbusfish is dimebags ass slave. . I mean, every question he has asked is about dime's gear and look at his sig! i meam damn, I love a few guitarists, but dude. . .

He'll figure it out on his own.

Anyways, I hear that some LFR's hold up relatively well, and some fall apart. Can't really help there.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Quote by synester_gates

Yeah, same with you and that Peavey thread...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502072&highlight=peavey
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by pierce34celtic

Last time I checked the Deans are all 22 frets...

yah, I just double checked, all the Dean ML shapes are 22 frets.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by pierce34celtic
^ I realized that, my mistake, still in terms of feel, it's much different.

Oh yah,
for sure..

The S is gonna be extremely thin in terms of body and neck..
while the Deans are about average-thick in terms of body, and have a V profile neck, which is quite massive compared to a Wizard II...

Personally: I'd get a Dean '79F ML...
its not branded with a stupid "dime" insignia, and in actuallity, is the model he really played (well.. not as close as the Dean from hell, but dime never actually played a production Razorback...)
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by synester_gates

right, coming from someone with 'synester gates' as there name... i havent made a thread mentioning dimebag in weeks, this thread has nothing to do with him at all, its about floyd roses. the reason I was making threads concerning dime was because I was after his type of tone, so naturally he was involved in the topic of most of the threads. Now I no longer need to know anything about dimes tone so I wont be posting any more topics about it...why does it matter to you anyway? im sure you look up to certain guitar players, i look up to dime because he had an amazing guitar tone and playing brilliantly, I also look up to kirk hammet and dave mustaine a lot, I didnt make a thread about them because I wasnt after their type of tone

anyway..

Quote by Striketalonx
Personally: I'd get a Dean '79F ML...
its not branded with a stupid "dime" insignia, and in actuallity, is the model he really played (well.. not as close as the Dean from hell, but dime never actually played a production Razorback...)

thats one of the reason im getting the dean from hell, I wouldn't want a guitar with any guitarists name on it, and its also cheaper than the razorback. I was considering a 79F but it comes with crappy dean pickups, and I prefer the paint job of the DFH too
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Last edited by serbusfish at Jan 15, 2007,