Something I've been working on. Pretty much done, other than certain tweaks it could have. That's where you guys come in
Attachments:
Seven Years Gone Version 2.zip
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Last edited by NovemberRain273 at Jan 21, 2007,
wow man, your songs are amazing man. i really really have to look for imperfections and i couldn't really find any. the only tiny thing is that around one minute, theres a harmonization that doesnt sound quite right, its probably MY ears, but it just sounds a little off to me. lol I love when the distortion came in, you have some amazing riffs in there and they all flow very nicely. i loved the little break at like 3:45, sounded kinda like opeth IMO. And, great solo. Very nicely composed and it fit perfect. I like the acoustic outro too. Nice way to end the song. I'm jealous man. lol could you crit mine please? there are like 30 views and no replies. lol https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502836
Ibanez RGA 121
Ibanez RG3EX1
Some sort of Marshall Stack
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Little POD thing

Plagued Paradise
damn good. only thing is the beggining chord progression is too cliche. mix it up with some seventh chords and a stronger resolution. that's pretty much the only thing i can pick on.
Crit mine?
please there are like 20 views and 0 replies
boom
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Quote by Bodomizer
wow man, your songs are amazing man. i really really have to look for imperfections and i couldn't really find any. the only tiny thing is that around one minute, theres a harmonization that doesnt sound quite right, its probably MY ears, but it just sounds a little off to me. lol I love when the distortion came in, you have some amazing riffs in there and they all flow very nicely. i loved the little break at like 3:45, sounded kinda like opeth IMO. And, great solo. Very nicely composed and it fit perfect. I like the acoustic outro too. Nice way to end the song. I'm jealous man. lol could you crit mine please? there are like 30 views and no replies. lol https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502836

Seconded.

Anyway. I loved all your acoustic sections. Reminded me of Opeth, specifically To Bid You Farewell and Face of Melinda. The mellow drumming was fantastic. All the drums are awesome actually. The solos are great. Everything was awesome. There's times when the song reminds me of Dark Tranquillity [only more melancholic], and times when the song is extremely Opeth esque.
Man i loved it. Especially the awesome acoustic parts. Although u could have a few drum chimes throughout it. Awesome non the less. Check out my song plz
sounded real cool men.. good job!
Last edited by blopa at Jan 15, 2007,
Thanks alot for the crits guys!

Yea, Opeth has been my main influence right now, I love their work.

Wow man, i've heard a few of your songs on here and loved em all. In this song, especially the evil sounding acoustic part right at the start. Kinda Reminded me of Slayers 'spill the blood'. In Bars 20-36 the two acoustic parts didnt compliment each other two well. It is not bad, but could be improved slightly. Bars 71 and onwards was an awesome riff. loved it. and man bravo on the solo, just how i like my sols, fast and melodic. Overall. Awesome song .
My Rig:
Guitars:
BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge SE w/ EMG 81/85
Custom Strat
Ashton Acoustic Electric
Amps
Peavey Studio Pro 112
Laney Hardcore mXd 30
Pedals
Digitech Grunge Distortion

Pyromaniac of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club.
THanks alot dude!

Well I have an updated version up now. Its pretty much the same except I changed the riff from 123 to 130 to something more to my liking.

The intro was pretty good, but was made much better when that guitar over the top came in. I liked the intro best on bar 40. I'm not too sure if the E on bar 59 onwrds worked too well though, although that could be GP's sound. If I was going to be picky I would say the change between bars 70-71 wasnt 100%, but I would be being picky. I do prefer that riff from 71-85, its very good, and leads very well into the riff after that. Again being picky the riff doesnt seem to work going into acoustic (90-91), but seems to work very well coming out of it (93-94). The bass from 116-122 was great, and the riff after it was good, although again the going into acoustic bit was sudden. The acoustic bit was very good though, and made only better when the bass and guitar came in 147. Bars 163-164 were great, and the change to electric was very good, as was the following riff. The bit up to 198 was good, but I thought could do with some bits that we're slightly faster, as it added very little to the song, although the solo af6ter was perfect, and led perfectly into the ending. Overall I really liked that song, one of the best I've heard on UG, although I thought some of the changes to acoustic didnt work and were a bit sudden, although this probably will work once its recorded properly, and not as a GP file.
"Their fate is in each others hands as they decide whether to share... or to shaft"
Robert Kilroy-Silk from his sadly shortlived quiz-show Shafted.

Member Number 7 of the Frank Zappa Appreciation Club. PM chocolatguitar to join.
Thanks for the crit dude. Yea some of the tempo changes sound sudden, but to me it sounded even wierder without them Its hard getting it right in gp.

nicely done, i especially enjoyed the acoustic parts, because im not a fan of metal. =]
i liked the first tempo change, but im not sure about the second one.
also im not sure about the ending, it felt like it didn't quite have a ... resolution?
idk.

great song 8/10

if you want you can crit mine (its in the bottom of my sig)
I especially love the kind of build-up thing from bar 45-62, that sounds great. Your electric/acoustic transitions work perfectly and it sounds heavy as ****. If you or your band (if you've got one) ever actually record this song, please hook me up man. I love it, i'd love to be able to jam along to the actual track haha.

Way to go!
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"