. . .but there's this scottish band with a guitarist who uses a BC Rich platinum Warlock (there other uses a gibson SG) and they both use Marshall MG100DFX heads and cabs, and they sound bloody AMAZING!

They have a rather large fanbase for such a smalltown band too.

That is all just wanted to mention that MGs and BC Rich can be used in a very good way.

Flame all you want but these guys sound great.
link? Plus they could have more effects out the ass, or rack modulators you have no clue about. Hell, they could even have more than just that one amp hooked up and using that amp for just one thing and getting tone and whatnot out of the other amp(s).
Yea and the MG could be running into two Mesa Cabs with EV Black Shadows, that'll make it sound a lot better than the crappy Marshall speakers. Then they can run a G Force modulator, a 42inch pedal board, and a 12 space rack. Then it can sound alright.

And the BC rich probably has new pickups, pots, jack, switches, tuners, neck and probably a new body.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Very possibly sashki, cos this guy has a custom built RR that he made himself.

http://www.myspace.com/triangletheory

And i don't think they have any rackmounts or other amps as they seem to simple for that.
Anyways if you don't like metal I doubt you'll like them.

I love their music as do many people I know.
Ok, so they may not use racks, or pedals. But you are wrong about atleast one thing. They don't sound amazing.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

Speaking as the guitar player from TT I can say that yes, it is a Warlock from well before BC Rich sucked, and the amps in question are not ours. They where the backline provided. I use a Randell while Aaron uses a Vox by choice. Any effects are only for the clean channel.

MGs suck
Burn

hmmm inocent bloodshed sounds similar to davidian by machine head
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
correct me if I'm wrong but didn't 7 from slipknot have 2 BC Rich sig warlocks at one point? yeah I know he's using a custom Ibanez RG now but the specks on them didn't look much to shout about and yet 2 of the Best Nu metal albums (imo) Iowa and volume 3 were recorded using them to my knowledge.

ok he used mesa boogie amps but they can only do so much right
maybe they jsut have new speakers installed? My MG had new speakers installed by a luthier and it sounds amazing even with my shitty guitars...
Gear:

Squire Fat Stratocaster (Gotoh Pickups)
Marshall 50 DFX amplifier
Marshall Guv'nor II Distortion Pedal
Jim Dunlop Standard Cry Baby
Vintage VS6
Quote by Antroid
maybe they jsut have new speakers installed? My MG had new speakers installed by a luthier and it sounds amazing even with my shitty guitars...

:O You took it to a luthier to put some new speakers in? Someone either got ripped off or has a friend who's a luthier.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Quote by RPotts
Yea and the MG could be running into two Mesa Cabs with EV Black Shadows, that'll make it sound a lot better than the crappy Marshall speakers. Then they can run a G Force modulator, a 42inch pedal board, and a 12 space rack. Then it can sound alright.

And the BC rich probably has new pickups, pots, jack, switches, tuners, neck and probably a new body.

So... basically a whole different guitar?
METALLICA.
mick from slipknot used Ibanezs before getting signed then he had a deal with BC RICH he had custom mahogany warlocks with EMGs, but he actually diddnt record vol 3 with them, he actually used alot of different guitars on that album and used his knucklehead
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by Prologue
So... basically a whole different guitar?

Yep, that was the joke. But thanks for explaining.

Quote by Punk_Ninja
Very possibly sashki, cos this guy has a custom built RR that he made himself.

http://www.myspace.com/triangletheory

And i don't think they have any rackmounts or other amps as they seem to simple for that.
Anyways if you don't like metal I doubt you'll like them.

I love their music as do many people I know.

I paused Hours of Wealth by Opeth to listen to that, you're a dick. That sounded far from bloody AMAZING, actually it sounded like ass. Even if I hadn't have known that they were using an MG, I still would have said, "Man, that tone sucks".
Quote by dertjoe
mick from slipknot used Ibanezs before getting signed then he had a deal with BC RICH he had custom mahogany warlocks with EMGs, but he actually diddnt record vol 3 with them, he actually used alot of different guitars on that album and used his knucklehead

A: He used Ibanez once they learned how to make music.
B: His tone with the BC Rich STILL sucked, not to mention made him look even dumber.
Dickless.
Quote by El Codyo
I paused Hours of Wealth by Opeth to listen to that, you're a dick. That sounded far from bloody AMAZING, actually it sounded like ass. Even if I hadn't have known that they were using an MG, I still would have said, "Man, that tone sucks".

x2
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
Good thing that, just because you think they sound good, I can't think the tone sucks big hairy balls. Which I do.

Besides, noone cares. MG's still suck.

*Closed*
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.