I have been looking at some tube amps to purchase in the 500-700 price range. I have been leaning towards a Ampeg R12R Reverberocket. Some of my other choices may be a Fender® Blues Deluxe Reissue, Hughes & Kettner Edition Tube 20th Anniversary Model Combo Amp, or a Traynor Custom Valve 40WR YCV40WR 40W All Tube 1x12 Combo Amp with Celestion Speaker. If someone could help me out that would be great. I am into the classic rock sound like AC/DC, Skynyd, some Hendrix, SRV, and some RHCP. I have a SG Special Faded with a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge.
I like the Reverberocket, but I like it as a punk/garage amp. Definitely has a raw, crunchy feel to it. For the bands you list, I think the Fender BD would be a better choice. Get a pedal for the AC/DC, and the amp'll do everything else on it's own.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I have a Reverberocket and I think it's a real solid amp similar to a Fender hot rod deluxe. Mine's the 50w 1x12, cleans are excellent (sort of shimmery), overdrive is great for classic rock, blues, punk, probably not enough for modern rock though. I think the on board reverb is solid, not perfect, but solid. The only thing it's missing that I wish it had is a cabinet output, not hard to add later. Great amp.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.