i need a site that can teach me to tune to drop d. any one with any sites plz reply to this post
Yes, that or just hit the second fret on E, and tune it to make it sounds standard
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
just tune your E string 1 step down, if you have a tuner (perhaps a Korg one) it means you have to press flat twice, and try to tune it standard
what i have doen as a quick thing to check while on stage sinse i dont have money to get a tuner for onstage.......i tune the e string on the 7th fret to match the a string, you can probably figure out why, usually you tune the a string with the 5th fret of the e string so once the a string is tuned standard just move up to the seventh fret on the e string and tune the e string to match the a string

i dont know if i explained that very well but good luck
fender strat
fender acoustic
line6 spider 2 150 watt
can of, rock your face off

..................you cant spell crap without rap.......................
put on some distortion (makes it a bit easier) play the E and D string at the same time, and while they're ringing detune the E until it's one note together... you don't have to turn the peg much, it's like half a turn.
Quote by Jake042
i need a site that can teach me to tune to drop d. any one with any sites plz reply to this post

check out the lessons on this site look for basic to advanced tuning, its a lot to take in at first but youll find what you need
Quote by Cobalt Blue
put on some distortion (makes it a bit easier) play the E and D string at the same time, and while they're ringing detune the E until it's one note together... you don't have to turn the peg much, it's like half a turn.

Mmmmm yeah, distortion when we are in the acoustic forum lol.

On the Low E string (the fattest string that is actually the top string when you hold the guitar) fret it at the 7th fret, and then tune it down until it is the same as the A string (second fattest string, one string down from your E string) when it is played open. If you have a tuner (which i recommend you get one if you don't have one, their so cheap and usefull that i don't see why you wouldnt buy one) just fret it at the 7th fret and tune it down until your tuner reads 5A (which is the same as tuning by ear so that the E string, 7th fret sounds the same as the A string open).

But if you have a Korg tuner (or if you buy a tuner, perhaps buy one, they are very good tuners IMO) then press the flat button twice, and then tune down.

But the lessons section of this site will teach you how to do it, and in the beginners forum they have a thread which will teach you how to tune to pretty much any tuning you can think of. That thread is very useful.
Quote by fragydig529
Tune the low E to the 5th fret of the A...

why not tune low e to your D string?
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by TinTin8
why not tune low e to your D string?

I personally find it easier to tune the Low E string, 7th fret to the A string rather than the Low E string, 12th fret to the D string
DROP D

DADGBE

Or

DADGBD
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Like someone else said, just hold down the second fret and try to make it sound like an open note through tuning.
Quote by johnos
I personally find it easier to tune the Low E string, 7th fret to the A string rather than the Low E string, 12th fret to the D string

no...
pluck low E
pluck D string (Open)

then tune ... its quite simple
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
I get what your sayin TinTin, but since he's obviously a beginner at tuning by ear, he should use the 7th fret and tune to the exact same note (A) before advancing to tuning with different pitches (the D)
Quote by JerseyJ282
I get what your sayin TinTin, but since he's obviously a beginner at tuning by ear, he should use the 7th fret and tune to the exact same note (A) before advancing to tuning with different pitches (the D)

Yeah, I agree. Even the 7th fret thing is hard as a beginner. Keep it simple