I was reading some stuff on the internet and I came across Rockbox, a thing you put on your iPod that lets you put backgrounds, change themes, fonts, etc etc... all good downloadable stuff looks fun and all but then I read that it's not avabable for the iPod 2nd generation.

Does anyone know if there are any programs out there that do the same thing that work for the iPod Nano 2nd Generation? If so can I have a link or 2 please? The iPod white background and simple stuff theme gets boring...

Thank you very much.
Last edited by Thornography at Jan 14, 2007,
What's the point?

Listen to music, don't faff around with 'different backrounds'.
The 2nd Gen Nano cannot be hacked by anything yet since the firmware is encrypted.
Quote by FRDesign
The 2nd Gen Nano cannot be hacked by anything yet since the firmware is encrypted.

How do you unencrypt it
wallpapers arn't that big of a deal in mp3 players. the mp3 player i have (the zen vision m) has that feature already installed in it, and the wallpaper feature loses its wow factor really fast. but the zen vision m is awesome though!
Quote by _Mayday_
What's the point?
-You don't have to use iTunes, just drag you music to the iPod.
-More audio formats supported, like ogg and flac.

Quote by Thornography
I was reading some stuff on the internet and I came across Rockbox, a thing you put on your iPod that lets you put backgrounds, change themes, fonts, etc etc... all good downloadable stuff looks fun and all but then I read that it's not avabable for the iPod 2nd generation.

Does anyone know if there are any programs out there that do the same thing that work for the iPod Nano 2nd Generation? If so can I have a link or 2 please? The iPod white background and simple stuff theme gets boring...

Thank you very much.
I don't think there's one but it's just a matter of time. If you want to do this just for themes it's not worth, Rockbox is more intensive on battery than original firmware.
This is not a signature.
Rockbox is sweet. I've had it on my iPod fifth generation for a few months now ever since iTunes 7 ****ed me over (I use linux on my desktop and iTunes 7 attempted to make the iPod incompatible with everything).

Theres so much cool shit in rockbox. Open source games, customizable themes, more audio support, drag n' drop computer interface, it just makes the ipod better. Of course the hackers who made it don't have access to all the information about the technical specifications of the ipod, so apple does a better job when it comes to speed and efficiency. Rockbox is getting better by the day though.

Sometimes when I'm playing a song and scrolling through my library real fast the audio will pause for a second and then continue playing, and battery life is maybe 1 hour shorter, but that's about all the drawbacks.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation