What is the real differences between MIM and MIA Fender Strat? Besides cost, why would you choose or not one over the other?

And C vs V neck? Is this the shape of the backside of the neck? C would be flatter on the back, V has a more pointed angled backside?

Thanks for the help! Oh, and if you have an opinion: American Strat vs. Schecter C1 Classic. Looking play Pink Floyd, Zepplin, Eagles (lots of classic rock), some lighter stuff like Cat Stevens, Simon and Garfunkel... and be able to learn... learning is what I really need most so an axe I can grow on and won't outgrow too soon... Probably going to get a VOX amp...

Thanks for the help again!
The MIA is put together better and has better materials than the MIM.

And you're right about the C and V neck stuff.
METALLICA.
def. the strat over the schecter
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
I would take the Strat over the Schecter, much more classic rock suited IMO. and no one will ever tell you its a bad guitar either.

V necks IMO, are more comfortable when playing slow blues, or floyd stuff, but when shredding or playing the solo from Whole Lotta Love, id rather have the C neck
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
i would go for the Schecter, but u won't get so much of that strat sound that pink floyd has. u could though get an emg single coil tap pickup so that u can change from a humbucker sound to a single coil sound and voila!!! pink floyd tone fixed. and mim strats ARE good. the c/v neck thing u got it right. just imagine the shape of the letter as the countour of the back part of ur neck, that's why they're called like that.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by Doodleface
I would take the Strat over the Schecter, much more classic rock suited IMO. and no one will ever tell you its a bad guitar either.

V necks IMO, are more comfortable when playing slow blues, or floyd stuff, but when shredding or playing the solo from Whole Lotta Love, id rather have the C neck

I beg to differ. I would tell you that Strats are bad guitars. (ok maybe not bad, but I don't like 'em)

For what you're looking for, I'd definitely say Strat. Especially for Pink Floyd, David Gilmour used them as his primary guitar.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Wow thanks for the replies! I will probably end up with both the C1 Classic and a Strat... at this point its just a matter of which first. I could buy a Classic tomorrow, will have to wait for more funds (only a week at most) to grab me a Strat. Thanks for the advice!
i have a mexican strat.(2003) What upgrades do I need to be better or in par with an american strat? I want to put Texas special pickups in em, and I heard you can change the neck?
It's not worth the money to change the neck. I would just save up, sell that, and get what you want.

And to the threadstarter, the c1 classic comes with seymour duncans, not emg's like one guy was thinking, those have more of a classic tone to them, and with the coil tap engaged, you should be able to get fine strat like tones.

And in my opinion, you should just choose between an american standard strat and a c-1, not get a c-1 and a mexican strat, you would never want to play the mexican strat if you had the schecter as well. And I would suggest you get c-1 over the american strat, I have a 2004 american strat, and it was only 730 bucks new when I bought it, but the prices have risen quite a bit since then, and the schecter would be a much more versatile guitar for alot cheaper.