well, i got a cd, from a while back with 5 songs from a local band on it and i want to put one of the songs on my profile but... i don't know how. you see ive never upload music or whatever before so could someone tell me how id go about this?
If you want to shine like the sun first you must burn like it.
You have to have a musician's account to upload music. Normal users have to add songs to their profiles off of the band's profile.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
you don't. not legally, anyway. The song has to be on the artist's page. If it is, there should be an option to 'add' the song to your profile. Sometimes the artists disable this because they're bad people. The illegal way to do it is to create your own music page (go to myspace music then artist signup) and upload the song yourself. I don't reccomend doing that because I have personally seen people's myspaces shut down because of it.

after reading your post again, it's a local band. Just ask them if they have a myspace, and if they do ask them to put that song up so you can add it. If they won't, ask them if you can host it on your own music page. If they say no to both, they're bad people and not worth listening to.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall

after reading your post again, it's a local band. Just ask them if they have a myspace, and if they do ask them to put that song up so you can add it. If they won't, ask them if you can host it on your own music page. If they say no to both, they're bad people and not worth listening to.

actually the bands broken up
If you want to shine like the sun first you must burn like it.
just out of curiousity, what band was it? I got a cd with 5 songs on it from a local band that just went on tour a couple weeks ago. If you say Five Star Fracture, I might have to give you a high five.