Okay so I've recently given up my dream of owning a hiwatt because of money issues, and lately I've been seriously considering throwing my Line 6 through the window. So I need some recomendations of some tube amps under about $600 because I'm cheap. My biggest considerations right now are some old Fender Reverbs on ebay or getting the Valve Junior and modding it. Just need some advice on those or any other amps you like. Thanks.
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
there are some fender blues juniors that are pretty nice. i pllayed one at gc yesterday. theyr like $400 i think. valve juniors arent bad either. you could probly get a used 5150 online for like about $500, but then you would have $100 to spend on a cab, which could be a problem... anyway, thats about it, oh ya crate has a line of tube amps, i believe they have a 15 or 30watt one thats about like $450 or like $500, maybe a little more, but theyr about $600 also. you could go with a vox too? maybe an ac30or ac15. i know the 15 is under $600, i think the ac30 also. theyr real nice. great vintage, clean tone. jimmy page used some on early albums i heard.
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
Quote by flyingv_m3
there are some fender blues juniors that are pretty nice. i pllayed one at gc yesterday. theyr like $400 i think. valve juniors arent bad either. you could probly get a used 5150 online for like about $500, but then you would have $100 to spend on a cab, which could be a problem... anyway, thats about it, oh ya crate has a line of tube amps, i believe they have a 15 or 30watt one thats about like $450 or like $500, maybe a little more, but theyr about $600 also. you could go with a vox too? maybe an ac30or ac15. i know the 15 is under $600, i think the ac30 also. theyr real nice. great vintage, clean tone. jimmy page used some on early albums i heard.

my comments on this post:
blues JRs go for about 275-300 on ebay, and are realllly nice. If ANYONE sees a 5150 for $500, then hell is freezing over. I can't find a cheap one for my life and I've been looking for months. Don't know about crate much, they're called the blue voodoo (I think?). now...the vox stuff. You must be talking about the ac30cc, not the ac30. Once again, if there is an AC30(that works) for under $600, I would like to be nitified immediatley so I can either buy it, or say goodbye to my loved ones because the apocalypse has arrived.

What kind of music do you play? Every amp listed about is for a different sytle of music.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Well from the amps he's considering it seems a 5150 would be pretty mismatched for him. TS, try looking for Soundcity amps, they are cheaper than Hiwatt although discontinued and a bit hard to come by. They were designed by the guy who founded Hiwatt and are reputed to sound almost exactly the same/.

I also recommend a Roland Jazz Chorus amp, they have really really good cleans and are SS so none of the high maintenance valve stuff.
This amp would be for the rock stuff I play so it needs to have a half-decent overdrive. Yeah I've been trying to get a 5150 for about a year now and I havent seen one end an auction at less that $900. But that amp is much better for metal so it's not what I'm looking for. And it has to be tube, they sound 400% better.
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?