i've always been a bit of a francophile but recently i decided i'd start getting into french punk, i like the oc toons and vulgaires machins... what other bands should i look into? i s'pose i prefer 'pop' punk like lagwagon/no use/nofx/whatever more to 'classic' punk but i'm not fussy.
i won't lie down.
i heard a song on the 'from punk to ska 3' compilation by a band called Big Mama. the song was called "Prendre De L'attitude". i'm pretty sure that's french.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Ah I forgot about them!

I don't remember if I ever ended up finding any of their stuff other than what I heard on MRR. I don't think I did.
I have a few CD's by them. I can send ya some copies.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by sargasm
+1

(It's Berurier, btw.)

Man, when I was in Montreal this summer, I saw so many freakin' Berurier hoodies... it's insane that so many people love that band in Quebec, but as soon as you cross into English Canada no-one seems to know them at all.
no
Quote by whyvern
I have a few CD's by them. I can send ya some copies.

That would be fabulous

Quote by bucky_2300

Man, when I was in Montreal this summer, I saw so many freakin' Berurier hoodies... it's insane that so many people love that band in Quebec, but as soon as you cross into English Canada no-one seems to know them at all.

The language barrier is a huge factor. It's a shame, because they're absolutely fantastic.
I'm getting into a band called Haine Brigade who did a split with Berurier Noir.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Blanc Emeute!
Je Voudrais Emeute!
Blanc Emeute!
Une Emeute de moi!

I can't think of French Punk without thinking of the only Belgian punk band... Plastique Bertrand.
This weekend, I found a 6 song, 12'' EP by a really cool French punk band from Le Havre called City Kids.

While I'm listening to it, I noticed that they sounded like a French Radio Birdman.
I flip the EP over and it's been mixed at Trafalgar studios in Australia and produced by Birdman's own Rob Younger.

Best French punk ever and I guess they ended up moving to Australia, because one of the guys from City Kids is in Rob's band The New Christs now.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.