Page 1 of 3
i've seen alot of trash talk going on for both of these guys. i'm gonna state this....Dimebag in not overrated. if anything underappreciated in my eyes. most of the people on here seem to think he "became" a guitar hero cause he died or he became more famous because of his death, which is bull-shit. dime was praised from everyone in the industry, wylde, kerry king, the dudes from shadows falls and many more. he was already a guitar hero and "famous" before his death. dimes solos are simply breathtaking. but like its been stated before just cause all the ****in mall brats are "hip" to him doesn't make him overrated like the other guy who has seen alot of debate on here kurt cobain. why he is praised is beyound me. i don't know and i don't want to know. yes he has a few catchy songs, but not enough to make him the ****in greatest guitarist ever or what ever some of these hippies are claming.

what are your thoughts and opinions on these two? i know you can't compare em but seperately.
I prefer Cobain's playing to be honest. I like them both, but with Kurt, it's much more listenable. I find Dimebag's guitar tone quite annoying after a while.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
^agreed
very frustrated guitar player

член в русской группе UG! PM Vindiction to join!

And the worst comeback in the history of UG is:
Quote by ketchup_cum
your moms an is

I had never heard about Dimebag before he got killed so without a doubt he got more famous when he got shot...
Quote by drugfreeboy
or he became more famous because of his death, which is bull-shit.

Err... he did become more well known when he got shot.
your just saying that because you like pantera and dont like nirvana

but i prefer cobain just 'cause patera sounds like a cat drowning
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Its a terrible idea to compare them.
They both became more famous after their deaths.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
They both sucked.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by Metallica708
I prefer Cobain's playing to be honest. I like them both, but with Kurt, it's much more listenable. I find Dimebag's guitar tone quite annoying after a while.

You're no daughter of mine.

Kobain is annoying IMO.
Quote by ar73m
They both sucked.

I sort of agree.
Dime bag is a great guitarist and Cobain is a great musician overall. I don't know why peopel cant just say they are both greats and move on hardly no one will match the talent of either of these guys so stop bitching just cause you don't liek their music.
wether you liked either of them you have to appreciate thier contributions to music, same thing with hendrix if he hadnt died would he have just fizzled out? or would he still be this huge mythical creature he is in the guitar world.
Quote by bluesychris
Now You Sir have one hell of a guitar and look more alive and look to have more stage presence than anyone else I've seen on this forum
yeah, bad comparison
originally posted by Shoestick
Holy hell, that is the primest example of a rambling idiot trying to sound intelligent Ive ever seen, and I just sat through four years of Bush!
cobain is a great songwriter, he never claimed to be a great guitarist based on skill but he did revolutionize the style because of how bare bones he was in his playing.
Post this in the metal section. You'll get much better responses there.

(Lol, hes not getting out of there alive.)
Quote by lateraluspiral
I sort of agree.

You have pandas all over your CP and your name is lateraluspiral AND you dislike TEH DIME and TEH COBAIN, woooot. I love you already, in a totally platonic, brotherly, non-homosexual way.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by lateraluspiral
Its a terrible idea to compare them.
They both became more famous after their deaths.

i'm not compairing them i'm just want to see honest opinions about them. remember NOT COMPAIRING.
Well i was never a big Dimebag fan but i must say he was a great guitarist. As for Kurt, i don't think people really worship him because of his guitar playing but more because of his attitude and his song writing. Kurt was never a real technical guitar player but his stuff still sounded great, but most importantly he didnt give a s**t what people thought of him, he played music for the right reasons, he played because he loved music and that is why he is so respected
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by ar73m
You have pandas all over your CP and your name is lateraluspiral AND you dislike TEH DIME and TEH COBAIN, woooot. I love you already, in a totally platonic, brotherly, non-homosexual way.

I love you too.
damn this better not be one of those 5+ pages threads with just agruing
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by drugfreeboy
i'm not compairing them i'm just want to see honest opinions about them. remember NOT COMPAIRING.

then maybe you shouldn't have titled your thread "Dimebag VS Cobain"
Quote by myself101

Oh yeah? C'mere a minute!
Quote by drugfreeboy

But...you put "Vs"...that means...nevermind, your an idioit.
And yes i do agree that they both became more famous because of their deaths. Not that there's anything wrong with that, that doesnt make them any less of musicians
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by myself101
your just saying that because you like pantera and dont like nirvana

but i prefer cobain just 'cause patera sounds like a cat drowning

After listening to Pantera for a while, I find myself thinking the same thing.
ok im gunna get flamed for this but cobain is underrated if you listen to some of his bootlegs and stuff like that he has ALOT of guitarist talent that he never brought out on any of his cds, but because he was ****ed up drug attick that took away some respect, dont get me wrong dime is amazing but i dont think yiou should second guess cobain
fender strat
fender acoustic
line6 spider 2 150 watt
can of, rock your face off

..................you cant spell crap without rap.......................
They're both dead and dont make music anymore.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by myself101

no arguing just state your opinions and move on.
both Dime and Kurt are completely different musicians.

its retarded to compare them

both of them:
play guitar
are famous
have kicked the bucket/are poppin up daisies
Quote by drugfreeboy
no arguing just state your opinions and move on.

no, a couple of fan boys will come along and BOOM!

" nah uh! kurts teh cobain iSt waaaaay better songwriter!! n angst n stuff!!"

"no waaaaaaay dimebag! was sooo metal and influenced everyone to play guitar blah blah"
<//////>~
Page 1 of 3