Alright I need your opinion(s). for pure tone, smoooth, creamy, buttery distortion and warm clean channel which krank would be better
a) Revolution
b) Krankenstein

i don't use that much gain but normally i would need a distortion pedal and i don';t want
one so take that into account. Thanks.
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Last edited by Csquared1001 at Jan 14, 2007,
Quote by Csquared1001
Alright I need your opinion(s). for pure tone, smoooth, creamy, buttery distortion and warm clean channel which krank would be better
a) Revolution
b) Krankenstein

i don't use that much gain (revolution has enough) so take that into account. Thanks.

I hear a LOT of bad things abotu Kranks for what you pay... I like ENGLs personally... Good cleans... Awesome distortion
Cmogi10 says that Krank=Krap. I've never tried them, but I'd like to hear his opinion on them.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
yeah i know the sound i'm looking for and i'm going to try other models but i don't really want to try the revolution and krankenstein since i'm trying shitloads of other amps. (too many amps to try i only have an hour at the GC)
Quote by rooster456

I've played both, unless you want a super modern tone and nothing else, look elsewhere. The Rev. or Krankenstein is far from smooth and buttery, they are both very, VERY rough, raw, aggressive sounding amps.

For a smooth, liquidy lead tone, look at a Mesa Recto, as smooth liquidy tones are all they are good for IMHO. They can have pretty good cleans too.
Last edited by El Codyo at Jan 14, 2007,
Quote by Csquared1001
a) Revolution
b) Krankenstein

i don't use that much gain but normally i would need a distortion pedal and i don';t want
one so take that into account. Thanks.

assuming you and I use the same words for describing tone, I can't think of an amp worse than either of those kranks for reproducing those tones.

what's your budget?

Quote by Calum_Barrow
Cmogi10 says that Krank=Krap. I've never tried them, but I'd like to hear his opinion on them.

he's right, IMO.

Quote by El Codyo
I've played both, unless you want a super modern tone and nothing else, look elsewhere. The Rev. or Krankenstein is far from smooth and buttery, they are both very, VERY rough, raw, aggressive sounding amps.

For a smooth, liquidy lead tone, look at a Mesa Recto, as smooth liquidy tones are all they are good for IMHO. They can have pretty good cleans too.

I wouldn't call a recto smooth and liquidy either, but that's personal preference, obviously.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You could look into a Peavey JSX. Amazing cleans, amazing crunch, amazing lead. Try it out.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
kranks have an awesome raw agressive sound, but they are miles away from smooth and buttery, and they are a little too expensive for what they are, id look elsewhere.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I've played a Krankenstein...
Needless to say it sounded like a solid state on "crank"...
It was tinnier than a JCM900 and its cleans were worse than a 15 watt Crate starter amp...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Kranks are overrated try a Peavey JSX, Carvin V3 or Mesa Dual Rectifier
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
If you like really sludgy, muddy, thick distortion, then get a Krank.
If you like any tight overdrive/cleans/good solo tones/anything except sludge-slinging metal then don't get a Krank.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

kay i get that it's not smooth but would say... a marshall JCM 900 be better or what marshall/mesa amp would be best for that sound
Quote by rooster456

For what you want id look into a Mark IV
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
you need to be careful with the engls as some are smoother than others. I'd say screamer/blackmore/savage for smoothness.

Some of the engls are mega-metal like the kranks, they just do it a heck of a lot better, and with better versatility.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?