Someone told me that the AD50VT does'nt handle effect pedals that well, is this true?
Is there anyone that has this amp and have tried it with effect pedals?
well i have the 30 and effects work just fine. you can use effects pedals too if you want. there shouldn't be any problem.

P.S. get the 30. you'll save $100 and you'll have enough power for "band practice" or whatever. Trust me you don't want a 50w practice amp
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
yea i think it just depends if you hav good cables or not
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
ya i have it. Its ok on the Boutique Clean setting, but if you turn the the gain up past like half way you get quite a bit of feedback (depending on the level of the effect). I just got a Digitech Grunge and its actually quite nice on some of the models. I haven't really tried delay, chorus, phaser type effects on it though (just distortion/overdrive). I assume they would work fine though.

I don't know what ledzep1023 is talking about with the whole cable thing. :/ That would only affect sound quality, not whether they work or not.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Don;t listen to him. get the 50 version is makes more sense in the long run and if you dont need to use 50 you can just turn down the power level at the back
Quote by Cjay4
Don;t listen to him. get the 50 version is makes more sense in the long run and if you dont need to use 50 you can just turn down the power level at the back

agreed. I wish I had gotten then 50watt version. Its not that much more money and it'll come in handy eventually. And ya, you can always adjust the wattage on the back.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
The 30 would not be enough for band practice. I've got the 50 and it is loud enough but you would really have to push it with the 30 and probably damage it.
Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only
Nah, I use my AD30 at band, and it works well. Also, cranking it can't damage it. I don't know why people think that, but it's supposed to be cranked to the max. That's why it can go that loud: cos it should.
I have the 50 and all my pedals sound amazing through it. No troubles at all.
yeah AD's are supposed to be cranked but not exactly to the max. they just lose their bottom end when at the max. the 30 should be good enough for band but get the 50. i wish i would have.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Why get a modelling amp with tons of built in effects and then just end up running a bunch of outboard effects anyways? This has always confused me...
I don't know how loud everyone here practices, but I can play my Vox AD30 at just over half volume and it's loud enough for my band. But sure, if you guys want to damage your hearing with excessive volume, be my guests.
Last edited by johnmalkin at Jan 15, 2007,
^ lol Damage my hearing? Its not THAT LOUD man. Not to me anyways. But then again Ive been in "the business" for a long while now so my hearing probably isnt as good as it used to be.

Having a 150watt Mesa halfstack doesnt help either lol.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
^ lol Damage my hearing? Its not THAT LOUD man. Not to me anyways. But then again Ive been in "the business" for a long while now so my hearing probably isnt as good as it used to be.

Having a 150watt Mesa halfstack doesnt help either lol.

I wasn't talking to you personally, but yeah, it really isn't good for you. If you're going to play at loud volumes it's best to get earplugs.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Why get a modelling amp with tons of built in effects and then just end up running a bunch of outboard effects anyways? This has always confused me...

I'm not getting this amp JUST to use external pedals, the modelling amps on the amp are great as a well, and they are the main reason why I'm probably going to end up with this amp, but it's nice to know if it can handle other external pedals as well, because I use some effects that are not integrated in the amp. And to all you guys arguing about whether I should get the 30 or 50 watt, and some say it's to loud with the 50 and some say that the 30 is'nt loud enough. I allready have a 50 watts amp, and I'm not getting something less powerful than that! Actually I would'nt mind getting the AD100VT, because it's great to have that extra power when you need it, for example when you're doing gigs, and a 30 watt amp is'nt enough at ALL when you're giging, maybe for very small venues, and maybe if you play blues or jazz, but for a rock concert no way hoooose
Quote by Danny Distortio
I allready have a 50 watts amp, and I'm not getting something less powerful than that! Actually I would'nt mind getting the AD100VT...

Getting the 50 over the 30 is a solid investment. Plenty of headroom for small gigs, better speaker than the 30. I have the 30, it's a nice amp, but it's purely a practice amp. Mostly, it's my son's practice amp.

If you're thinking about going for the 100W version, though, I think you should stop and reconsider. I agree with Kurt as far as getting an amp loaded with effects, just to put effects in front of it. Once you get into the price range of the AD100, I think it's time to start looking at 30-40W tube amps. You'll be in the same ballpark, volume-wise, but sound much better. They'll also take to your pedals better in general.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.