If i put a bass on small guitar amp, playing at very low volumes, would it still hurt the speaker?
Thanks
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

Noooo! Never ever do that! You will severely damage the amp and it will be a pile of shit withing weeks. Same goes for guitar on bass amps. Dont ever do it.
^ You're a moron.

You can do it, as long as it is very low volumes. It's not great for the speaker, but it won't kill it as long as you don't push it.

And by the by you can play a guitar through a bass amp at low volumes without serious harm to the speakers.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
So its ok? I can play bass every once in a while on my guitar amp. Low volumes.
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

He doesnt know what hes talking about. I've had four friends who have done it, three with bass through guitar amp and one with guitar through bass. Just dont do it. Sell the amp on craiglist then use the money to buy a bass amp. It may be okay to play on a guitar amp for a little while on low volume but you just wreck it slowly. Just buy a new one.
Quote by Teh Forest King
He doesnt know what hes talking about. I've had four friends who have done it, three with bass through guitar amp and one with guitar through bass. Just dont do it. Sell the amp on craiglist then use the money to buy a bass amp. It may be okay to play on a guitar amp for a little while on low volume but you just wreck it slowly. Just buy a new one.

You don't know what the hell your talking about son.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, search button ftw.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by Teh Forest King

Quote by MetalUpTheAss

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

First of all use the search button there are thousands of threads like this. And secondly, i used a marshall guitar amp for a while when my bass amp was broken and it was fine, even at louder volumes, the tone just sucked, alot.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
well i used a peavey keyboard amp temporarily for my bass, turned the bass all the way down and played with a pick to make sure i get the trebliest sound with no bass at all, with low volume, and the amp still got messed up, not terribly but i can hear the difference
*raises eyebrow* Think it's just in your head mate, I used a Peavey keyboard amp through high school for various groups, and it was fine. Considering key amps are designed to go as low as a bass (and lower)...
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Quote by canadianpunk071
^ You're a moron.

You can do it, as long as it is very low volumes. It's not great for the speaker, but it won't kill it as long as you don't push it.

And by the by you can play a guitar through a bass amp at low volumes without serious harm to the speakers.

You can play a guitar through a bass amp at pretty much any volume and not screw it up. Fender bassman anyone?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
You can play a guitar through a bass amp at pretty much any volume and not screw it up. Fender bassman anyone?

Bassman for the win!

Quote by MetalUpTheAss

^ What model? I can see that if it's a smaller amp, but otherwise it'd be fine.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Quote by Teh Forest King
Noooo! Never ever do that! You will severely damage the amp and it will be a pile of shit withing weeks. Same goes for guitar on bass amps. Dont ever do it.
Does anyone know you've got out?
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by DoctrDrew116
that keyboard amp would also overheat really quick if i had any bass pumping out
If it's a keyboard amp it should be designed to go lower than most Basses!
Small amps overheat when used at high levels for bass but a keyboard amp should be ok if used sensibly.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Praise Thor, John Swift finally brings sensibility to this thread.

Quote by MetalUpTheAss