alaub1491
The Rouge Keyboardist
565 IQ
Recently i broke up with my band because my guitarist and drummer didn't agree on a genre to play. In the old band I had played bass but i am much more proficent at keyboard. I am now starting a new band with the drummer and a different more talented bassist and i was wondering wether or not i could lead the band with a keyboard playing as the guitar. I set the keyboard up on a clean guitar setting and ran a distortion pedal through it and it sounds exactly like a guitar. I am also the singer. with this arrangement do you think there is a shot at having a well rounded and good band?
Archetype00
UG's ONLY Viking
317 IQ
maybe, but why not just play guitar? can you not play and sing? plus, playing chords just wont have the same effect, and soloing will be even harder, how would you bend notes? itd be cool if you put a whammy pedal with it..
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
Calvero
Mr.Mister
1,031 IQ
sounds nice, but why dont just play with regular keyboard sound? Stuff like ben folds five or even Emerson Lake & Palmer
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

timeh
guit-boxing user
59 IQ
man just make shit up make your own music and if its good then it will work
fender strat
fender acoustic
line6 spider 2 150 watt
can of, rock your face off

..................you cant spell crap without rap.......................
Blompcube
Registered User Error
4,278 IQ
Quote by alaub1491
Recently i broke up with my band because my guitarist and drummer didn't agree on a genre to play. In the old band I had played bass but i am much more proficent at keyboard. I am now starting a new band with the drummer and a different more talented bassist and i was wondering wether or not i could lead the band with a keyboard playing as the guitar. I set the keyboard up on a clean guitar setting and ran a distortion pedal through it and it sounds exactly like a guitar. I am also the singer. with this arrangement do you think there is a shot at having a well rounded and good band?

it's good to be different.
Rig: (under construction)
1979 Yamaha SG1000
Fender Jazzmaster
1964 Vox AC30TB
A/B/Tuner box
A -> DIY fuzz, tremolo and boost -> normal channel
B -> compressor, chorus and delay -> brilliant channel
Boss TU-3/Talkbox
Gin_Rummy
Unregistered User
208 IQ
If it works for your band and you like it, go with it.
Pure_Morning
Boo
369 IQ
Quote by Archetype00
maybe, but why not just play guitar? can you not play and sing? plus, playing chords just wont have the same effect, and soloing will be even harder, how would you bend notes? itd be cool if you put a whammy pedal with it..

Pitch bender.

Maybe not the thing your going for, but I'd say check out the Dresden Dolls and KirsteenYoung. Both are Piano + Drums.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Scourge441
Eyes With Pride
5,346 IQ
Two words: Prog rock.

Why are you only going with a trio? Any reason you don't want a guitarist? That way you could get guitars and use the keyboards to make other sounds.
nubular
UG Newbie
546 IQ
anythings possible
Do you, you, feel like I do?